New owner of the Vizio 8 inch tablet.

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So far I love it, got it for my birthday today.

When I first turned it on, it went through a huge update cycle. so it is nice knwoing the updates are kept up with.

rating 1/10 it would be an 8.

Got it from walmart, 248$ and it very heavy and sturdy. lke the ipad almost, I was shocked.

so if anyone has any questions about just shoot me a message or ask here. :]

VTAB1008 | VIZIO

^thats the one :D

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site
First, off... Happy Birthday!!

Second, does it have the full Android Market or just a Vizio app store equivalent. I'm interested in getting one. The price is nearly unbeatable!!

Redshift

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Was in Costco yesterday and the Vizio tablet is now $189. Unbeatable price. I will totally love mine once they get stuff to save to the SD card instead of internal memory.

imhumanoid

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Stuff does save to my SD card! :]

Yes it has the full android market. :D

So far so good, it wifi card is stronger than my gateway laptops card. It can pickup hotspots my laptop cannot detect which is very nice. I often switch over to my tablet hen doing a skype call because the video quality and sound s so much clearer vs computer.

I currently have an 8GB MicroSD card in it, and I have over 130 apps downloaded and about 500 songs all on the one SD card.
The trick, when you download an app, go to the app settings that shows all the apps, tap that app and select move to SD. Viala.
I have all my apps saved to SD, making my tablet run like new due to memory and storage not being full.

Redshift

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Better check your information. When you go to app settings and say save to SD card on the Vizio tablet, it saves it to the internal memory. Just look at memory usage. Unless you get an app special to move stuff to the SD card, the Vizio defaults to internal RAM. It is a problem I have been complaining to Vizio for for 2 months. They have yet to resolve it.

Redshift

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Could you do me a favor and give me the actual storage numbers under Settings/SD Card & Device Storage? There are 3 sets of numbers. SD Card Total space, Available space/ Internal Storage, Total Space, Available space/ Application Storage, Available space. This info would really help me diagnose my tablet's storage.

Texano78704

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of interested in this tablet, hard to beat the price. What kind of battery life have you been getting from the tablet? Is it using Android OS 2.3?

Have you tried the TV remote app? If so, how well does it work?

Any suggestions on cases/covers or other accessories?

Thanks!

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I got my Vizio Tablet 1008 last week. I like the tablet a lot. They recently updated it to 1.5 for the Vizio System files which prevented the root exploit. If you want to run things like HID bluetooth devices, you can't until the root is figured out again. Somethings don't work to well either. Skype and Tango are hit or miss with audio quality. The overall UI isn't to great. I downloaded GoLauncherEX which helps out a lot. I tried ADWLauncherEX but it continues to crash if I enter the settings. I recommend turning off the animations. It helps the transition between apps and screens with it off. For the price and quality, I can't complain.

stelladesire

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi new owner! I have had my eye on this tablet for a while now and All i want it for is to do google searches and play Words With Friends. Does this tablet support that game? I ask because my blackberry supports facebook, but not the game which i play through facebook. Im at the point where Im ready to buy an ipad which supports the game, but cmon- save me several hundred dollars. I am NOT a computer person by any means so if you think this tablet is good for me then its mine. Thanks!

dwelder

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi new owner! I have had my eye on this tablet for a while now and All i want it for is to do google searches and play Words With Friends. Does this tablet support that game? I ask because my blackberry supports facebook, but not the game which i play through facebook. Im at the point where Im ready to buy an ipad which supports the game, but cmon- save me several hundred dollars. I am NOT a computer person by any means so if you think this tablet is good for me then its mine. Thanks!

This tablet supports most Android apps such as Words with Friends.

Sent from my Decked Out HTC EVO with Tapatalk!

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I've heard good things about this tablet. I got one for my parents for Christmas. I'm not sure what they will think of it because they are not so... how should I say, "technologically literate." But it seems easy enough for them to use that they can have fun with craigslist, words with friends, email, etc. I got android on my mobile device so I think I should be able to help them navigate it a little.

My main question:
Have you found an address book for your tablet that you like? I'm talking about an old-timey address book that really had physical addresses and phone numbers rather than email addresses (although I know most binded address books you get these days include email address). Sync function is OK but I'm looking for one that was designed to look-up and display physical home addresses. I've looked around the Market on my mobile device but haven't been able to find what I've been looking for. Has anyone found something like what I'm talking about?

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Could you do me a favor and give me the actual storage numbers under Settings/SD Card & Device Storage? There are 3 sets of numbers. SD Card Total space, Available space/ Internal Storage, Total Space, Available space/ Application Storage, Available space. This info would really help me diagnose my tablet's storage.

You are correct with all of this. I certainly wish I knew this before purchasing my 32 gig card.

Have you gotten any update from vizio? I really have not researched this issue that much.

Redshift

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Nothing from Vizio yet but I keep hoping. There are work arounds (sort of) but I believe they should address this issue directly. All the last update did was make the tablet unrootable, which is how some folks fixed the issue. To take away rooting and not fix the problem at the same time does not make for happy customers. Hear that Vizio?

e_ecruz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Vizio tablet through Amazon for $138.00,. There are no tablets around that can beat this tablet at the price/reward ratio. Hands down what you get for what they are going now is better than anything out there. There are better tablets, of course, but for the price and its capabilities, the Vizio stands alone. Cannot understand why Vizio stpped production of this well designed device.
It feels good in your hands, solid, well built, my grandson calls it grandpa baby ipad. Think, within its 8 inches and 4:3 format it packs a resolution of 1040x768 to give it a very clear and sharp display. Complaints about side view, I dont look at anything sideways, on my vizio I read with it in front of my face like every other normal human being!
At that resolution it is the same as the ipad 2. So it is great for reading books and magazines. Every negative I have read can be fix easily. Dont like the Vizio launcher? Get another one from the mrket, and everything else. Games look super sharp.
It is not perfect, nothing is, but for the price, unbeatable.

One of the bggest issue I encounter, just like thousands of others vtab owners, is the sd card slot not being available to increase the storage for apps, games, etc. Last night I found a post somewhere and this guy posted the way or oe o the ways to fix this problem. So simple that is unbelivable.
Insert a sd card on the Vizio card slot. Go to settings,storage, default storage, change to sd card. That`s it. It will move automatically this first time all apps, games, etc.,that CAN be moved to the sd card, and then will reboot.
After you do this, any app you download you have to move it manually to the sd card by going to, settings, applications, manage applications. Find the app you just downloaded, click on it andbchange its storage to sd card.
This work.

txsoul

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought one yesterday and love the tv remote. ..I have a new Vizio 50" led 3d tv and the remote on tablet has all the functions. .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463