Buy tablet now....or wait?

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I really want to buy a tablet. I was thinking of picking up the Asus Transformer Prime but now with Mobile World Congress going on and all these new tablet releases, I'm debating if I should wait a few months.
Though I really want one NOW...lol!!!!

SO.........

1. Opinions on whether I should wait or not?

2. Opinions on whether the Asus Prime is the best choice out right now?

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
If you need one right now, the prime is really the best one to go with. For me, I'm waiting till MWC is done.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Lookng at the 10" screen tablets only.

Hmmm.....wonder how long it'll be before the Asus 300 and 700 will actually be released? The both look like they could be worth the wait.

Also the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 looks promising but I don't feel like I can count on Samsung for updates.

Definitely not going with an Ipad, not a fan of the iOS.

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well there's a lot of promising looking tablets that will be released in 2012.
I'm going to try to hold out for a few more months and see what release dates we see.
I'm hoping most get released during the second quarter.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want to buy a tablet. I was thinking of picking up the Asus Transformer Prime but now with Mobile World Congress going on and all these new tablet releases, I'm debating if I should wait a few months.
Though I really want one NOW...lol!!!!

SO.........

1. Opinions on whether I should wait or not?

2. Opinions on whether the Asus Prime is the best choice out right now?

I t seems I'm in the same boat is you are trying to make a decision.

I'm torn.

IPad, Tr ansformer (510 or710) or stay with Samsung since my phone is Samsung.

The transformer, provides some of the latest technology and more features than Samsung.

But no way to add memory, without the dock.

And I need printing abilities.

Does anyone know more about printing functionality on tablets?

I posted my need for help a day or two ago. I think the Acer is advertising that it can print out of the box to most printers. But does not offer the specs of the Transformer.

Or, do we just wait.

Thanks!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

LightningGA

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm not getting the iPad for sure.

I'm really trying to hold out for the new Asus 700 with a dock. Rumor has it being released in the second quarter so hopefully no later than June.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
The bad/great thing about being an Android fan is that there will always be the next big thing. I'm going through a similiar issue with my next phone. Get a great deal on Sprint Galaxy S 2 on wimax or wait for the galaxy nexus on their new LTE network?.. but that'll mean having an untested/unproved first gen device. For me i'm stoked about what comes after the GNex, the unknown. Jeez, by then i probably could've been up for another upgrade though.

But, i digress. I'm the proud owner of a TF101 rockin' stock ICS and couldn't be happier with ASUS's craftmanship and dedication to a product from yesterday.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I t seems I'm in the same boat is you are trying to make a decision.

I'm torn.

IPad, Tr ansformer (510 or710) or stay with Samsung since my phone is Samsung.

The transformer, provides some of the latest technology and more features than Samsung.

But no way to add memory, without the dock.

And I need printing abilities.

Does anyone know more about printing functionality on tablets?

I posted my need for help a day or two ago. I think the Acer is advertising that it can print out of the box to most printers. But does not offer the specs of the Transformer.

Or, do we just wait.

Thanks!

Rob

Rob sent this from his SPH-D710 via Tapatalk

As for Android there is an app called printshare which allows u to print from anywhere u can get internet access with any android device.

Reactions: rlanza1054

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No one has mention the recently released and available Acer A510, not as good as the ASUS TF700t which has not been released yet. And how do you deal with ASUS's GPS issues?

Rob

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No one has mention the recently released and available Acer A510, not as good as the ASUS TF700t which has not been released yet. And how do you deal with ASUS's GPS issues?

Rob

I don't use my tablet for GPS, I use my phone. That is how I deal with it.

kcerica

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw a few tablets at one of the best buys that are going out of business they were all $100 less except of course the iPads. The one I was at had a couple of each sized Samsung galaxies left.

sent from my Reborn optimus s using taptalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC