Prism 7" 8GB Ematic Eglide 8GB Android 4

alicez

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to install several weather apps (and widgets) on this Prism 7" 8GB Ematic Eglide 8GB Android 4 but none of them seem to work.
Does anyone know of a nice easy to install FREE weather app/widget that could be sued with this tablet?
If so, where can we get it?
Thanks for any help.

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Do the apps you download rely on GPS to give you the weather? If so then make sure you have GPS enabled.

On Android 4.0 ICS
Go into settings, Location Services, and check GPS Satellites

On Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Go into settings, Location and Security, and check use GPS Satellites

Some apps don't rely on GPS instead you have to open the app and go into its settings to tell it which location you want the weather for. Every app is different so i can't help you do that

As for weather apps
Accuweather is very popular
Weatherbug is another one
A lot of clock widgets like Beautiful Widgets, Fancy Widgets, and HD Widgets all have large digital clock/weather widgets you can place on your home screen.

alicez

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Thank you.
I have Android's new 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.

When I go into Location serivces, I don't see "GPS Satellites," but I see the following two:

Google's location service
(Location determined by Wi-Fi)
I just checked this one!

Location & Google search
(Let Google use your location to improve search results and other services)
I just checked this one!

Do you think that will allow me to run AccuWeahter, etc.? I tried a lot of weather apps, but none of them appeared to work. Maybe that is because I didn't have those two items checked in Locations?

Any thoughts?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.
I have Android's new 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System.

When I go into Location serivces, I don't see "GPS Satellites," but I see the following two:

Google's location service
(Location determined by Wi-Fi)
I just checked this one!

Location & Google search
(Let Google use your location to improve search results and other services)
I just checked this one!

Do you think that will allow me to run AccuWeahter, etc.? I tried a lot of weather apps, but none of them appeared to work. Maybe that is because I didn't have those two items checked in Locations?

Any thoughts?
If you didn't see the GPS option, then your tablet does not have a GPS. That is common in a lot of low end tablets.

You can still run apps like Accuweather. Again some may require you to go into the settings to tell it where you want it to locate. I know accuweather works fine on my tablet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781