Ok ive read previous threads & done my own research...but...

Trotters80

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
...like other people on here ive never owned a tablet. Ive done quite a bit of research, youtube videos, salesmen, comparison websites etc but still have the odd question thats niggling whether to get one or not?.

Am I right that tablets are just for portability/practicality?. A tablet can cost same if not more than a laptop, yet laptops have quicker processors, memory, usb slots etc etc?.

Im not keen on htc, motorola, ipads, kindle, which really only leaves Samsung, sony, acer, asus as the major brands.

I was interested in the acer tablets until a youtube review said they werent very good viewing outside in sunlight etc, which was off putting I thought that was whole point of a tablet to be able to move around, go outside to use it etc???.

Samsung interest me...but, they dont have USB slots!!!. I know you can buy usb adapters, but can you buy 3 port usb adapters?. Id need to plug in my printer, camera, hdd etc occasionally, could I still do this somehow?.

Id consider any from 7 to 10inches budget no more than ?300 id say. I know 7inch tablets have smaller pixel density so what is viewing websites like? Im not bothered about games, only watching youtube videos, movies occasionally & browsing internet.

Thanks for your time

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
...like other people on here ive never owned a tablet. Ive done quite a bit of research, youtube videos, salesmen, comparison websites etc but still have the odd question thats niggling whether to get one or not?.

Am I right that tablets are just for portability/practicality?. A tablet can cost same if not more than a laptop, yet laptops have quicker processors, memory, usb slots etc etc?.

Im not keen on htc, motorola, ipads, kindle, which really only leaves Samsung, sony, acer, asus as the major brands.

I was interested in the acer tablets until a youtube review said they werent very good viewing outside in sunlight etc, which was off putting I thought that was whole point of a tablet to be able to move around, go outside to use it etc???.

Samsung interest me...but, they dont have USB slots!!!. I know you can buy usb adapters, but can you buy 3 port usb adapters?. Id need to plug in my printer, camera, hdd etc occasionally, could I still do this somehow?.

Id consider any from 7 to 10inches budget no more than ?300 id say. I know 7inch tablets have smaller pixel density so what is viewing websites like? Im not bothered about games, only watching youtube videos, movies occasionally & browsing internet.

Thanks for your time

I think you either want the ASUS TF700T or blackberry playbook as both are bright enough for use in direct sunlight. Even my tablet sucks in sunlight and is pretty bright. Below is a brief breakdown of your other feature wants.

P = playbook
A = TF300T
Y = yes
N = no

P = 7 inch
A = 10 inch

Usb without adapter
P = yes
A = no

Can plug in mentioned accessories to usb and it works
P = no
A = very unlikely without a lot of work
Get a windows tablet for this
Note: some printers like the current hp series have apps to let you print wirelessly for android devices
Mouse and keyboards will work for both via bluetooth

As for surfing the web, the playbook browser is far superior to any of the android browsers hands down. But the playbook apps suck, no netflix, imdb, you have to even side load the kindle app or use their shotty cloud reader or use kobo instead. So it depends on what you'll use.

If portability, web browsing and price are king, get the playbook. Otherwise get the TF700T.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2