SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was planning to buy galaxy note 10.1 but I heard Samsung Nexus 10 is coming out.
Should I wait for Nexus 10 or go for galaxy note 2 10.1? Does any one knows rumor about Nexus 10? Like specs, release date, etc. :D
P.S. I also want to know about Android 4.2 What food desert name will be given to 4.2?

Thanks! :)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was planning to buy galaxy note 2 10.1 but I heard Samsung Nexus 10 is coming out.
Should I wait for Nexus 10 or go for galaxy note 2 10.1? Does any one knows rumor about Nexus 10? Like specs, release date, etc. :D
P.S. I also want to know about Android 4.2 What food desert name will be given to 4.2?

I say go for nexus 10 you will get updates straight from Google and not Have to deal with touchwiz as far as specs go I know the display is going to have resolution of 2500 by 1600 which is the best on a tablet and the new exynos processor from Samsung so its should be a powerhouse but those are rumours

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I say go for nexus 10 you will get updates straight from Google and not Have to deal with touchwiz as far as specs go I know the display is going to have resolution of 2500 by 1600 which is the best on a tablet and the new exynos processor from Samsung so its should be a powerhouse but those are rumours

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

I think I should wait... Thanks for the info! :)

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, definitely wait to see what's good with the Nexus 10. Especially since the Google event is right around the corner.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Damn, looks like the Monday event isn't happening. Stupid hurricane.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

phonegeek

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks... Very frustrated... Android tabs continue to let Apple have that market... I've been waiting for six months to buy a decent 10 inch tablet that has a fast processor, min 64GB of storage, ICS or JB, and LTE...

The search goes on...

MG

litlprince

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi I was planning to buy galaxy note 2 10.1 but I heard Samsung Nexus 10 is coming out.

Well firstly i will assume you mean the note 10.1... the note 2 10.1 hasnt been announced or even rumored yet but im sure its gonna be awesome.. As for which you should go with its really a matter of preference. With all we know of it now i cant say one is truly better then the other. allow me to elaborate.

Yes... its a google device. You will receive prompt updates and always be on the cutting edge.
Yes... its has a hi-res display.. Its supposedly better then the IPAD and definitely better then the note.
Yes... its has the lasted High performance gpu and dual core cpu that samsung has to offer.

Now.. being a note 10.1 owner i feel these are the main points for it. Beyond simply being cheaper. Now my reason for sticking with the note are as follows.

No... it does not have expandable memory. This is a touchy subject considering its a 10in tablet. I imagine your gonna wanna put movies and shows and music on it. Unfortunately the nexus 10 is gonna hinder that ability. Even with the onslaught of cloud services i like having my media available always. Thats why im very content with my 32gig note with its 64gig sd card installed. Music alone takes up 35gigs. the rest of the sd card is completely filled with movies and shows. As for the internal memory. about half of that 32gigs is depleted thanks to all the games i have installed. So with that said the n10 simply could not satisfy me in terms of storage space.

No... its stock android.... ok this is a weird one. and truly a personal feeling. I simply do not like where google is going with merging the phone and tablet experience. the overall interface and layout is not to my liking at all. At Least not with the tablet experience. Now this new look seemed fine on the smaller n7 but on the 10... im not sure. But of course this is android and if you dont like it then install a launcher and change it.

No... no touchwiz. So you may hate overlays and the like. You may hate sense or touchwiz or whatever that stuff is that motorola has.. But touchwiz has more to offer then a better look(once again personal feeling).... there are some very unique and simply awesome features on the note not to even include the S-pen that will simply wow you. Now i know some of these features can be replicated with a few apps but i argue you will miss out on what samsung has to offer.

---- Update: just saw some Of the new features/ functions we will be getting with the jellybean update.. IT looks awesome and well worth the wait.

Finally... its really a matter of what you find important in your tablet. If 32gigs is fine and you either like the stock look or already plan on installing a launcher then go for it. If the display is most important then go for it. If storage and the note's functions are most interesting to you then you know where to go.

As my final tidbit i will say that the n10 does have a better processor and gpu. But i must say the quad core cpu and yes slightly dated gpu in the note is no slouch. Mine have been speedy and responsive since day one.

**** as for 4.2 other then simply better everything ..... what stood out the most is the ability to make profiles or accounts for different people to access on your tablet.

Last edited:

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well firstly i will assume you mean the note 10.1... the note 2 10.1 has been announced or even rumored yet but im sure its gonna be awesome.. As for which you should go with its really a matter of preference. With all we know of it now i cant say one is truly better then the other. allow me to elaborate.

Yes... its a google device. You will receive prompt updates and always be on the cutting edge.
Yes... its has a hi-res display.. Its supposedly better then the IPAD and definitely better then the note.
Yes... its has the lasted High performance gpu and dual core cpu that samsung has to offer.

Now.. being a note 10.1 owner i feel these are the main points for it. Beyond simply being cheaper. Now my reason for sticking with the note are as follows.

No... it does not have expandable memory. This is a touchy subject considering its a 10in tablet. I imagine your gonna wanna put movies and shows and music on it. Unfortunately the nexus 10 is gonna hinder that ability. Even with the onslaught of cloud services i like having my media available always. Thats why im very content with my 32gig note with its 64gig sd card installed. Music alone takes up 35gigs. the rest of the sd card is completely filled with movies and shows. As for the internal memory. about half of that 32gigs is depleted thanks to all the games i have installed. So with that said the n10 simply could not satisfy me in terms of storage space.

No... its stock android.... ok this is a weird one. and truly a personal feeling. I simply do not like where google is going with merging the phone and tablet experience. the overall interface and layout is not to my liking at all. At Least not with the tablet experience. Now this new look seemed fine on the smaller n7 but on the 10... im not sure. But of course this is android and if you dont like it then install a launcher and change it.

No... no touchwiz. So you may hate overlays and the like. You may hate sense or touchwiz or whatever that stuff is that motorola has.. But touchwiz has more to offer then a better look(once again personal feeling).... there are some very unique and simply awesome features on the note not to even include the S-pen that will simply wow you. Now i know some of these features can be replicated with a few apps but i argue you will miss out on what samsung has to offer.

---- Update: just saw some the new features/ functions we will be getting with the jellybean update.. IT looks awesome and well worth the wait.

Finally... its really a matter of what you find important in your tablet. If 32gigs is fine and you either like the stock look or already plan on installing a launcher then go for it. If the display is most important then go for it. If storage and the note's functions are most interesting to you then you know where to go.

As my final tidbit i will say that the n10 does have a better processor and gpu. But i must say the quad core cpu and yes slightly dated gpu in the note is no slouch. Mine have been speedy and responsive since day one.

**** as for 4.2 other then simply better everything ..... what stood out the most is the ability to make profiles or accounts for different people to access on your tablet.

Wow. You definately made me think....... I should think more deeply. Thanks for your opinion. That was very helpful. Thanks! :)

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally I would probably not buy any non-Nexus Android device after the experiences I've had. I'm convinced that no OEM or carrier ever has ever contributed anything of value to Android and more often than not the crap they add hinders performance and keeps you from being able to get updates in a timely fashion. I hate to say it, but if the Nexus 7 hadn't come out, I'd probably be posting this on an iPad mini right now. Every device should be a Nexus device, that would be a good start towards making the Android platform better.

Rant over. Yes, get the Nexus 10, by all means. You aren't missing out on a damn thing by not getting TouchJiz slathered all over your tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37