iPad Mini/Nexus 7/NookHD

bocaccio13

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a nook tablet and really like it. Haven't been on it much since i got my gs3. Wanna treat myself to another tablet. the iPad mini looks awesome but i dont know if i should cause they always come out with a new one right around the corner. Opinions please.

ensarj

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The Nook is a great tablet. However, when you mention 7 inch tablets, the Google Nexus 7 and iPad mini usually are considered the best. Another however, the iPad mini is pretty expensive. If you are in love with Apple then you should only look at the iPad mini, but if you like Android, I would recommend the Nexus 7. Both are amazing tablets, but you can get the Nexus 7 for $199 and the iPad mini is $329, a big difference, in my opinion.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
If you like the nook, you'll love the Nexus 7. It's far better than any of the e-reader tablets out there and its arguably the best 7" tablet you can buy right now. I wouldn't worry about a new/better one coming out soon. You've got a while until the next gen chips are available b and the Nexus 7 is pretty much cutting edge as far are hardware goes.

The iPad mini is also a good choice. I'd go with it if you already have a lot invested in iOS asps and iTunes playlists etc. If you're not invested in the Apple ecosystem, I'd look at the Nexus 7. For almost $100 less than an iPad mini, you get a higher resolution screen, a faster processor, double the memory, double the RAM in a device that gives you a lot more capability and freedom than your nook or an iPad will.

The one advantage the iPad mini has its apps. Android has closed the gap significantly to where it's almost a non-issue but iPad still has the slight edge when it comes to selection of high quality tablet optimized apps. Unless there is a specific app you need that you can't get on Android, I wouldn't worry about it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234