How do you use a Tablet?

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have owned a tablet since a week before the Touchpad sale. First I bought a Touchpad (full priced...) and I have since switched over to the Transformer TF101. I can't really figure out how to make it work for me. It kind of feels like it's more of a distraction than an actual aid so I am curious how others are using tablets.

Thanks!

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I use my tablet primarily for games & movies keeping my N4 purely for Apps & productivity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
They are distractions. Not sure what you want to achieve with it. They are typically media consumption devices. Play games, watch videos, surf the web. Not doing much productive work on a tablet. The surface gives you office, but to be truly productive with that you will still probably want better input devices. I do not have laptops, have never owned a laptop. I do like being able to surf the web when watching TV and my cheap tablet allows me that ability. What do you want your tablet to do?

mandopicker101

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Interesting thread.

I effectively replaced my MacBook with a tablet (an Archos G9). Admittedly I wasn't doing much high end stuff with the Mac any more (audio editing, image processing etc) and when my wife needed a new laptop it seemed obvious for me to move to a tablet. I do a fair degree of writing, some media consumption and general internet usage.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Mini Pro using Android Central Forums

Jesslynh

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I use it for games, movies, forums and video podcasts. I have no real need to be productive away from work, but it is a great TV/Movie watching accessory. My husband loves that now whenever we have questions while watching TV, we can pause and easily look it up right via the couch. It also provides so much more to that experience that we've ended up on very long pauses as we tangent off from info.