Help me decide between Galaxy Tab 3(Sprint), and Asus Memopad Smart 10.1 please.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy Tab 3-via 50 dollar Sprint deal.
Pros:
50 dollars up front, thats nice.
has better stats than the near 200 dollar wifi one
can take a microsd-I have a extra 32 gig one
There's a otterbox case for it, so thats a good thing.

Cons:
Will have to pay at the very least 5+taxes/surcharges every month for the next 2 years, if I take the MINIMUM data plan and only use wifi, or 15+taxes/surcharges if I take their 2 gig/15 dollar a month plan.
7 inch screen

Asus Memopad Smart 10.1-via Gamestop
Pros: 150 bucks brand new, reduceable if I trade in some stuff
10.1 inch display
has gotten fairly good reviews
Only paying the one time fee, and no monthly costs

Cons:
Will be 150 or so up front minus any trade in credit, almost 3 times the GT3 cost.
Stats are a bit lower than the GT3, in terms of Ram/CPU, storage is the same, and both can take a microsd card.
No real specific-accessories for it I think, more usage of generic case and screen protector, and from what I can find, no real strong/protective case?

So, feel free to give me more input on my choice on of these as my personal holiday gift?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you need 4G data on your tablet? If that's the case, then the Tab 3 would be the obvious choice.

What do you intend to use the tablet for? The 7" size is much more portable, and is more comfortable to hold for prolonged periods. The 10" size is better for media consumption (i.e., videos), and games always look nicer on a larger screen (assuming the processor is powerful enough to keep the animation smooth).

I personally like Asus--they make decent hardware, and continue to support it for a while. The Asus UI is fairly light compared with Samsung's big ol' TouchWiz. Some love TouchWiz and all of its bells and whistles, some dislike it because it takes up a fair amount of storage memory and can be a little laggy. If you really prefer the stock Android experience, go with Asus.

Whichever one you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Have fun.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else want to weigh in? I'm giving myself another 10 days or so to decide, cause I think the Tab 3 deal ends at the end of year. I admit I'll be doing web surfing, a fair amount of video watching from the tablet or streaming online, and some gaming, through probably more old-school RPG gaming like the original FF games, Phantasy Star, etc, etc.