Need help Deciding between a Asus memo pad 7 HD and the Lenovo Yoga 8

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
First off the reason i am not leaning towards the Nexus 7 is i need expandable storage, with two kids seperated by 7 years in age, (10 and 2) i need something that can run some decent games, but also hold a ton of movies for me to pass the time, and another bunch of movies for the 2 year to pass the time, especially when going out to eat and road trips and such, I dont want to have to rely on wifi streaming, because unfortunately some places even though they let you connect, so can everyone else, so bandwidth isnt enough sometimes and yada yada yada. So what do you guys suggestion, i like to take my music everywhere along gaming and such and i was all settled on the Asus HD 7 until i saw the best buy deal on the Yoga 8, which would give me a little bigger screen and i think it has a cool design. Thoughts.?!?!?

sidekickkdx

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I got each of my two daughters (ages 9 and 10) the Asus memo pad 7 HD about a month ago. They are both performing very well. They have a nice displays and play games and movies very well. The only problem they both have is with the micro SD card removing itself unexpectedly. You may want to research that issue in the forums. It's a common problem and from what I have been able to tell from the forums occurs mostly with Sandisk cards (which is what I have). I haven't tried other brands of SD cards. I also have a Nexus 7 (2013) with is faster, but as you said, no expandable storage. I don't know anything about the Yoga 8. Good luck!

tsg2513

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
First off the reason i am not leaning towards the Nexus 7 is i need expandable storage, with two kids seperated by 7 years in age, (10 and 2) i need something that can run some decent games, but also hold a ton of movies for me to pass the time, and another bunch of movies for the 2 year to pass the time, especially when going out to eat and road trips and such, I dont want to have to rely on wifi streaming, because unfortunately some places even though they let you connect, so can everyone else, so bandwidth isnt enough sometimes and yada yada yada. So what do you guys suggestion, i like to take my music everywhere along gaming and such and i was all settled on the Asus HD 7 until i saw the best buy deal on the Yoga 8, which would give me a little bigger screen and i think it has a cool design. Thoughts.?!?!?

I have the Yoga 8 (in addition to the Nexus 7, a Nook HD+ and a Dell Venue Pro 8) and I must say that the Yoga 8 has become my favorite tablet. The battery life is absolutely amazing (at least twice the life of all my other devices), the build quality is great and it pretty much runs everything I have thrown at it. I am not a heavy gamer so I don't know how well it handles the real graphically intense games but the ones I have played run just fine. I am suprised that the Yoga hasn't gotten more attention or recognition than it has. The tech sites that have reviewed it have said they love the build quality and design but wish Lenovo had used a better processor and a higher resolution screen but I would suggest you look at the actual user reviews which are all very good. I had also recently purchaed the LG G Pad 8.3 but returned it within 3 days because the screen (even with it's higher resolution) didn't compare to the vividness and brightness of the Yoga, plus at 100% brightness, it couldn't last 1/4 of the time the Yoga can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11