No new nexus 10 - which shall I buy instead?

Craig Kennedy

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Really been wanting to get an android tablet, as I am a big android fan and see many advantages of it over iOS and Microsoft equivalents.
The nexus 10 appealed to me the most, with its great resolution and high performance. But I have been waiting for about 5 months for the rumoured replacement and can wait no longer.
Which tablet should I get? I think the existing nexus 10 despite still being competitive, is perhaps a bit too old - I would like something to future proof a bit.
I have been tempted by Samsung tab 10.1 but have been slightly put off by rumours of slow and poor performance, and I'm not sure what are my other main options. Would any ACER or Sony tablets be suitable? What about the new Samsung tab pro range coming out?
My main requirements are:
- 10 inch screen
- good resolution for videos, movies, etc.
- speedy performance (decent RAM)
- half decent camera maybe
- ?300-450
- preferably 32gb, but could cope with 16gb

I have looked at so many tablets to be honest I am lost and am just looking some advice from someone who knows a lot more than me!
Many thanks in advance!

CK

Posted via Android Central App

Jimmy Grzybek

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I am interested too! I was expecting a nexus 10 release in late 2013, but I guess that Google is discontinuing the 10' line :(

I am probably gonna wait for the nexus 8 that will be released in June/July . . . no good 10' tablets on the market now.

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have had 2 nexus 10 tablets and sadly both were faulty. They are very quick I can't deny that and I'm sure plenty of people will rave about them but personally I love my Sony tablet Z, especially running 4.3, hopefully KitKat soon. Don't get the Samsung tab 3, its slow laggy and the screen is poor, price is ok but personally I wouldn't get it.

Posted from my nexus 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance