Need a cheap one for a 4 and 6 year old

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
As crazy as it sounds.... the kids are wanting an android tablet... why... to play ANGRY BIRDS!!!

That game on my Droid X is causing way too much grief in our household. THe kids fuss and fight over playing that game.

I do not want to spend a lot of $$ because of their age... my question is....

Ebay has a 7 inch tablet running Android 1.6 for like $90. If I buy that, will Angry Birds will work on 1.6 and can the OS be upgraded? Any way of knowing?

I am new to Android myself... all I know is my Droid X is taking a beating that has to stop. I wish they had never heard of Angry Birds.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
The tablet you thinking about probably doesn't have the Android market on it in order to download angry birds. There are currently very few existing Android tablets such as the Samsung Galaxy tabs that has the market on it...its a Google thing? The cheap one's most likely won't have it.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
You can always get Angry Birds from Getjar and sideload it. The Market probably isn't important if it's just for kids.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
@mklinkous - Not so crazy... my 4 year old now has my old Archos 5 IT now that I have the Archos 70 IT.

I do not the going the price of the Archos 5 IT but it is a solid performer. I have had mine for nearly 1 year. While it only has Android 1.6, it does have the Android Market. My 4 year old loves Angry Birds which plays very well on the Archos 5 IT.

Having the Android Market is quite convenient, there are lots of good wholesome Apps available for children on the market.

Best wishes on your quest.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

mad-dog74

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
@mklinkous - Not so crazy... my 4 year old now has my old Archos 5 IT now that I have the Archos 70 IT.

I do not the going the price of the Archos 5 IT but it is a solid performer. I have had mine for nearly 1 year. While it only has Android 1.6, it does have the Android Market. My 4 year old loves Angry Birds which plays very well on the Archos 5 IT.

Having the Android Market is quite convenient, there are lots of good wholesome Apps available for children on the market.

Best wishes on your quest.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch! I will definitely check it out. If I have trouble winning a level on Angry Birds, I just ask my 6 yr old to show me how.... LOL!

sohma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey!

I bought a very similar tablet to this (same appearance) :

7 inch Google Android Tablet PC Netbook UMPC MID HD Lap - eBay (item 250709211288 end time Dec-09-10 06:42:05 PST)

OR

Eken M001 7inch Android WIFI Tablet

I then headed over to the slatedroid.com forums and upgraded the firmware with Lefeudedieu's relax. It added the Android marketplace and I enjoy this little tablet. The firmware update speeds it up a bit but you will notice times when it lags for a bit. If I was a younger kid, I would LOVE it!

rflores2323

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
go over to pandawill.com as they have tons of great tablets for a very good price. I just bought two Gpad G10 and I read reviews and saw videos on youtube and the tablet performed well. I am sure for a toddler it would be more than enough. check a video here. CLICK HERE

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
My dad bought my little girl (7) a 9 inch tablet with 8gb memory and running jelly bean. He paid like 86 bucks straight from china. It says gpad on the back. It had a 1ghz rockchip processor, i think. It is a good little beginner tab. I well try to post more info when i figure it out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc