How is a rooted Nookcolor compared to a Gtab or A-70

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just talking about the android market. Which of the three listed tablets handles the market the best once rooted or hacked. Which one would you say comes closes to the Galaxy Tab in its market abilities.
I think the term for the Archos 70 is Hacked. I have seen videos on youtube on these tables but I would like to get someone's first hand experience with each on the market issue.
So the question is--which one gives the truer feel of the android market and handle's the apps once downloaded the best?

swest6602

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Just talking about the android market. Which of the three listed tablets handles the market the best once rooted or hacked. Which one would you say comes closes to the Galaxy Tab in its market abilities.
I think the term for the Archos 70 is Hacked. I have seen videos on youtube on these tables but I would like to get someone's first hand experience with each on the market issue.
So the question is--which one gives the truer feel of the android market and handle's the apps once downloaded the best?

Can't speak to the others, but once you root the NookColor it runs the Market fine. You do have to use landscape mode for full lists (odd, but it works), but otherwise it works great for me. All my paid apps showed up at log-in just as if I had just reset my phone.

mrschwarz

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
T
Can't speak to the others, but once you root the NookColor it runs the Market fine. You do have to use landscape mode for full lists (odd, but it works), but otherwise it works great for me. All my paid apps showed up at log-in just as if I had just reset my phone.

I have a rooted NC.. I get marketplace lists in either orientation. I have 2 problems :

1. There is no client for Exchange. I have Roadsync. It can send, but not receive. I have read that Touchdown works, but have not tried it. (Not worth the price to me.)

2. B&N has removed some of the shortcut creation functionality. Using Launcherpro, it's difficulty to change the shortcuts on the home screens.

I am counting on both of these problems being resolved with full rom. You can't beat product the price and I certainly don't need another cell contract. :)

scabsk8s

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the a-70 & love it, its fast, runs froyo, has lots of storage, perfect size, etc... games are great on it & so are movies which is good for my daughter during long trips, ihave tons of movies & music &still have tons of hdd space left, the only downfall i found is i cant install swype.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a gtab and have it set up almost exactly like my x
the market works no problem and I was able to install all my paid apps. This really is an impressive device. Rooting and installing a Roman took 15 mins at most. I found it easier then doing any phone I have done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante