Generic Android tablet has incredible amount of OS issues, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Generic android tablet has incredible amount of OS issues

Yes, this question has been posted before, and no, I did not get a satisfactory answer. I have one of those generic Chinese 7" tablets running Android 4.0.4 and when I last came here for help, I was simply told that "like many of these tablets coming from China, it probably just has firmware issues". I refuse to believe that not only can it not be fixed, that it's a permanent firmware issue. This tablet was completely fine when I first received it. The issues only began when I factory reset thinking that might get rid of some of the pre-installed bloatware, even after which it was fine for some time. Now as for the actual problems, when I first start the tab, I get a slew of "Unfortunately, (app name) has stopped." errors. The apps that stop are Google Play Services, Google Play, Email and com.google.process.gapps. Strangely, these errors will only continue if the tablet is on for about 30 minutes, after which it'll give up trying to start the processes. No applications will run except for Netflix, Minecraft PE and Settings. If I attempt to start Google Play, Youtube, Browser etc. it'll tell me that that application has stopped. Uninstalling or installing new APKs is out of the question as Package Installer quits too. I've tried resetting the tablet to factory defaults and rebooting into recovery, but selecting those options physically does nothing but restart the tablet. I'm at a complete loss here and binging on Breaking Bad is not all that I bought this tablet for (returning it is not an option BTW). I'd like to know if there's any way to fix this, any way to force recovery or fastboot, something. I'll do anything and I don't care if I break or brick it at this point because as far as I'm concerned, it's already broken.

(Safe Mode was already suggested, for some odd reason rebooting into safe mode simply doesn't show up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc