Question? Do you want a tablet made by a Phone Company or Computer Company

Do you want a Tablet made by a Phone Company or Computer Company

• Total voters

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
With all the talk about tablets and now with the rumor of HTC making their debut I ask ... Would you rather a tablet Designed and Manufactured by a Phone Company or a Computer Company .. I Have a couple of desktops and laptops and my evo and have a desire and place in my life for a tablet if i can install software .. I love HTC phones but is the tablet going to be an over-sized phone or slimed down computer .. ASUS is a leader in the computer game as well as HP/DELL/Etc .. Apple took there computer knowledge and shrunk it to the iphone which is why all there products are good (really good) .. Any thoughts ?

cparker5

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't really matter to me. A company like Motorola has a history of manufacturing longer then most of us have been alive.

tokplas

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Funny, but I have a samsung computer sitting alongside me. I don't know why you would characterise samsung as just a phone company.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I want a tablet made by whichever company makes the best tablet.

I'm with you, YK. I'm beginning to think Toshiba Tablet may be the one for me . . . (or possibly the HP TouchPad with webOS, but I think probably the ToshTab).

I had a Toshiba Satellite tablet pc which I used throughout grad school and beyond with no probs whatsoever.

At any rate, both of these are due to be for sale imminently. I need a tab that permits me to work freely and intensely when I'm away from my puters; both of these seem appropriate for my kind of work. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463