Need to vent

cpk86

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
So we're having this pizza party at work and a guy pulls out his Ipad2 and HTC Evo 4G. I jokingly say "How ya gonna go for an Ipad when you are sporting the Evo? Why didn't you get a Xoom?" His reply was that he didn't even know what that was. I explained that it's the newest Android tablet. Another guy pipes up saying something to the effect of how he has heard that all of the things that are trying to "copy the Ipad" have all gotten terrible reviews and are overall crappy devices with terrible batteries and tiny screens. Oh, and his friend told him that his Ipad2 is the best. Everyone in the room was nodding in agreement/understanding (all of who had Iphones I might add, save the guy with the Evo, me, and a guy with a blackberry). It was gut wrenching lol.

The next 10 minutes or so were spent by everyone sharing the amazing things the Iphone can do (that obviously nothing else could ever come close to doing).

I had to bite my tongue. I'm the new guy, and a nerd-rage outburst is probably not the best thing to do on your first week on the job....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC