Data Plans for Tablets

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone purchased one of the 3g tablets with a data plan? Preferably from Verizon. How much data do you use? I am thinking about getting one for my son (6 years old) as he uses my phone every time we go somewhere and my phone is always dead. Right now I can get one of them for $199 with a two year contract. Since he really enjoys computers (not just games) and MP3 (just started) I was originally thinking an iPod but this is about the same amount of money and can do so much more. I have a Droid Incredible but the thought of a tablet is intriguing.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the Xoom on Verizon, and i have used over 2gb so far this month(ends on 9th). I mostly was doing an online course, Androidcentral, twitter etc. Watched 1 episode of Fringe( on FOX Broadcasting Company - FOX Television Shows) and streamed a few songs on Amazon. I use alot of wifi at home, when my wife isn't playing games on it!
I like the 3gb plan because it would cover most of my needs( until netflix app is released) and if i go over, it's only $10/gb.
The Tab at $199 is a great price and its tempting to exchange my Xoom for the tab just to save $600. But then I'd have a contract( don't have one now.)