Looking for a budget tablet. Which is the best?

nyc cards

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to pick up my first tablet. I, like most of you, don't have the money for a Xoom or a Galaxy, so I am looking for a good bargin on a tab.

Originally, I was going to pick up a Nook and have it modded by a friend (since I'm not very Techy), but I got to thinking that maybe an actual andriod tab is the way to go.

Here's my wish list for what I would like from my tab

7 inch screen is preferred
I want to be able to watch movies on the tab
Would like to have an e reader like Kindle
Front facing camera would be nice. (can you shoot and upload videos for youtube from a tab?)
Must have flash
Would like a good internet broweser
I'd like to be able to listen to music
Have access to Android Market so I can down load games
WiFi capable
Good screen

Ive done some research and the units I keep seeing pop up are

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer
Acer Iconia
Archos 70
Dell Streak 7
Huawei S7 Slim

I'm also out and about alot, so portablitiy is key.

Any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

bocaccio13

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I wanna get in on this one too; hope you dont mind. I agree with you on everything but music. I only want youtube for my music. Wanna good wifi browser, PDF/EPUB reader and somewhat powerful. I had the iPad2 but ended up selling it. It seems just like a huge toy. I was thinking bout either the xoom or the one by samsung that sprint has (cant remember name atm).

the asus pad seems nice and its only 399 on tiger direct. one good thing bout android tablets also is they usually come with more than 16gb and have access to microsd UNLIKE the iPad2.

speedricer17

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello

i was also looking for an affordable android tablet. I did the research and the ones to get are the xoom, iconia or the galaxy tab 10.1, but there at least $499 or up.

ive been on amazon, ebay, best buy and other sites, and i finally found a deal on newegg.com, where the dell streak 7 is $278 with free shipping, and thats what i went with. Its wifi only, but thats what i wanted.

Its running 2.2 froyo, but it can do everything you want so it should be alright be ok. Also itll be compatible with most apps, because its running 2.2. it checks off everything from your list, and is half the price of the newer tablets. It also has the same dual core processor, so the performance should be about the same as the xoom and galaxy tab.

Ive read that dell will upgrade it to 2.3 gingerbread soon, and they have been vague about the upgrade to 3.1 honeycomb but im not worried because if they do say no, i can always root and install a custom rom and itll be just as good if not better.

i hope i helped you out.

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I still use my nook color. Even after I bought the Iconia tab, it still does everything you mentioned you wanted to do and cost only $250. I bought it at Wal-Mart and loaded gingerbread on it the day I got it
I play movies, listen to Music, and read kindle and nook books.I thought was the best thing till I got a bigger screen

Charlesleonard

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The s7 for $299 is well worth a look. It will do all you mention. The only con that I can think of is 2.2. The reason that I mention this is that it will suffer from lack of support sooner then a tablet that has 3.0 or 3.1. And I never assume that any company will upgrade the os.
Anyway enjoy whatever you decide on and good luck.

tagacapiz

May 4, 2011
Visit site
@staples xoom sells for $399. just killed the resale value of my xoom but i'm not planning on selling it anyway.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss