Unable to Activate Mobile@Work Device Administrator on Galaxy S6

KD2JAG

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I am a Deskside Support representative for my company and have been tasked with configuring a number of mobile devices (Android and iOS) for many of our remote users. I am getting hung up on one Android device that is not allowing the activation of the Mobile@Work Device Administrator. Registration process completed successfully, I confirmed it was able to authenticate through our email server and the device is visible in my Admin portal.

The issue comes up once we get to the step where the user needs to tap “Activate” or “cancel” on the Device Administration screen (picture attached). When attempting to Activate the device administrator, the “Activate” button itself does not respond. We can scroll up and down in the menu or tap the back button but neither of the bottom buttons respond. I’ve also tried myself via remote access to the users device.

This is on a fresh install. User has never had the app installed before.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Mobile@work.PNG
    Mobile@work.PNG
    142.3 KB · Views: 1
  • device summary.PNG
    device summary.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 7

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried connecting an external keyboard and pressing the TAB key to navigate through buttons? It sounds like a device-specific bug with the app if you didn't have issues with any others. Anyone else with the same phone model that didn't have the issue? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but does the area where the buttons are respond to touch in other apps?

You could also try to install in Safe Mode just to make sure no other apps are conflicting with it, although I don't see why they would be, especially if this is on a 'clean' install.

KD2JAG

May 12, 2016
Visit site
hmm... the keyboard thing might be an idea, though the user is currently 200mi from me and I've been working remotely. I haven't had much time testing with this specific SKU of the Galaxy S6 since most users at my company use iPhones. I have registered and configured other Galaxy S6's though.

I think the Safe Mode install might be the first simplest option.

Williejlvs

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
hmm... the keyboard thing might be an idea, though the user is currently 200mi from me and I've been working remotely. I haven't had much time testing with this specific SKU of the Galaxy S6 since most users at my company use iPhones. I have registered and configured other Galaxy S6's though.

I think the Safe Mode install might be the first simplest option.

Have managed to succeed? I've got the same issue with my Samsung S7. I would appreciate some advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech