I can't factory reset my HTC Desire 610?

Leon1403

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

this is my dad's phone and it started rebooting by itself. When phone boots you can use it for 30 seconds and then it reboots again. I tried to factory reset from settings but nothing happens when I press ok on the last menu. So i tried opening menu when phone is booting (power button + volume down) and selecting factory reset with power button. Phone then showes red triangle with exclamation mark. After 2 minutes phone reboots itself without doing factory reset.

similar post: https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/745250-htc-desire-610-restarting-itself.html

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That could be a sign of a failing battery. Does this happen in Safe Mode as well, as I had suggested in your linked post?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with Laura Knotek. Considering its age and how outdated the software and hardware are, it's probably not worth replacing the battery.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with Laura Knotek. Considering its age and how outdated the software and hardware are, it's probably not worth replacing the battery.
Especially since it's a sealed battery, which would require knowledge and tools for repair (plus the fact that any batteries would be very old stock), or else paying more money to a repair shop than the phone is worth (and still having to deal with very old battery that sat on a shelf all those years).

Leon1403

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for replies. :) Phone completely died so it must be the battery. I surely won't try to replace the battery because phone is too old like you said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton