Hi,
    I have a HTC desire 816 dual-sim. The "---" has stopped unexpectedly error appears while starting the following apps:

Camera
    Internet
    etc

I have accomplished factory reset; Not only the problem isn't resolved, but also I receive the error while adding my google account to Google play store and Gmail and also such errors appear while working with lots of other apps. it should be noted that when google play store is closed, the "google play service stopped unexpectedly" error is shown.
    there's no other update available for the cell phone and the google play service can't be uninstalled because the phone isn't rooted. So, I have tried to manually install a new google play service using APK file. In this way, the version is upgraded but the problem isn't resolved and also a "you should update (???!?) google play service" notification appears.
    I have tried clearing cache and data, restarting phone, disabling and re-enabling apps, reset app preferences, etc; But none of the solutions worked.
    Is there any solution to resolve the problem without rooting the phone?
    thank you
    03-09-2018 10:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? How to turn on safe mode on Htc Desire 816
    ehsanfgm likes this.
    03-10-2018 02:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? How to turn on safe mode on Htc Desire 816
    Hi,
    Thank you!
    Yes it happens in safe mode too (tested with Mail App)
    03-10-2018 05:13 AM
    That suggests there's a problem with the system itself. The firmware might be corrupt, which means you'd have to reinstall it. See if this helps: ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States
    ehsanfgm likes this.
    03-10-2018 11:30 AM
    That suggests there's a problem with the system itself. The firmware might be corrupt, which means you'd have to reinstall it. See if this helps: ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States
    thank you,
    how can I reinstall the new firmware? I can't find anything in htc sync manager.
    03-10-2018 01:36 PM
    They mention HTC Sync Manager can be used for certain Verizon phones. Yours doesn't sound like it's from Verizon. But when I click "View" to look at the instructions for the 816, nothing shows up. See what happens if you follow the instructions for the 626, but using the file you download for the 816: HTC Desire 626s (Sprint) - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States
    ehsanfgm likes this.
    03-10-2018 05:44 PM
    Hi,
    Excuse me for the long delay. I wasn't able to spend enough time to repair my phone in the previous weeks.
    But now the problem is resolved!
    1st of all, I should clarify that I didn't know the accurate model of my desire 816! I thought that all desire 816 cell phones use Mediatek chipset. But my desire 816 which isn't 816g, uses Qualcom chipset. So, firstly I was totally in a wrong way to install the stock rom! Searching on the internet, finally I found the stock rom for my htc desire 816 dual sim (816w with software no. 3.21.401.1) as a zip file. Renaming the file to "0P9CIMG.zip" and put it into the external sd card, I started the phone in the recovery mode (press and hold power button and volume down simultaneously, when the phone is off), the flashing process using stock rom started automatically.
    It should be noted that the zip file is larger than 1GB and I couldn't copy it to the external sd from my laptop. so I used winrar to split it to 2 parts in my laptop and moved it to the external sd. Then I merged the files using winrar for android.
    Everything is now OK.
    thank you for your help.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-03-2018 04:40 AM