Handy Google app alternatives! A must for any Huawei users!

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
I came across this little gem yesterday and I went to comment on the thread but it seems to have disappeared?? I cant remember the whole gist of the post but I do remember it saying that he has a friend who works for Huawei who recommended a couple of things, the guy kindly made this pic and posted it on here! I thought id repost it as I found it quite useful!!

Especially as some people have concerns over Google Photos, Keep and especially YouTube. YouTube has a lite version you can download which works kinda basic but fine but then I found [redacted by Mod], this is something ive been playing with for the last few days as i had pinned youtube.com to my homepage.

one pager ct.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
[redacted by Mod]

When it comes to browsers, I prefer Firefox (especially the new Firefox Preview) over Chrome and Huawei Browser. If you don't have access to Google Play, it's available for download from their website (firefox.com), and the new Firefox Preview can be downloaded from APKMirror. It has built-in ad-blocking, advanced sync features and add-on support.

Another Google Drive alternative is Microsoft's OneDrive. I prefer it because it has great integration with Windows and Office.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, we don't allow discussions about Vanced, since that violates YouTube's terms of service.

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
[redacted by Mod]

When it comes to browsers, I prefer Firefox (especially the new Firefox Preview) over Chrome and Huawei Browser. If you don't have access to Google Play, it's available for download from their website (firefox.com), and the new Firefox Preview can be downloaded from APKMirror. It has built-in ad-blocking, advanced sync features and add-on support.

Another Google Drive alternative is Microsoft's OneDrive. I prefer it because it has great integration with Windows and Office.

I completely forgot about onedrive!! I used to use this all the time years ago!! Firefox is another good shout.

Ive also hear of DuckDuckGo, has anyone had experience with this browser?

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
DDG is the one - privacy browser does not track you or store your history

Oh right might have to have a look at that not that im going on the dark web or anything just I feel enough things harbour your data!!

How long have you been using DDG if you don't mind me asking?

wakawaka89

May 27, 2020
Visit site
That photo is a great little reference tbh thanks for sharing. What problems have you incurred?

Nothing to be honest I did wonder how I would access my google photos as I don't like bringing my photos across when I set up a new phone, with having a previous GMS device all my photos are backed up on photos, I went on googles website ad accessed my photos via the browser pinned it to the home page and download the photos I need. Simply no different to having an app, I can even upload to google photos via to it aswell, but in all honestly ive been using the Huawei cloud

ashune

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Now that the new Firefox for Android has been release as stable, I definitely recommend it to anyone, especially as a great alternative to Chrome. As far as I know, it currently isn't in the AppGallery, but you can download it for example here. It is available on the Play Store, but as the theme of this thread suggests, this isn't an option for some Huawei users.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci