Can't change huawei home app ( launcher )

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My device is HUAWEI Nova 3 and I bought the phone recently.
I recently get a message when I'm trying to change my launcher the message saying " you will not be able to switch back to a third party launcher if you switch to huawei home " any one knows how to solve the problem

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in your app drawer, If the 3rd party launcher is there, you will be able to switch to it. If it's not there, install it, then it will be there.

Kcybe

Oct 28, 2018
Visit site
Look in your app drawer, If the 3rd party launcher is there, you will be able to switch to it. If it's not there, install it, then it will be there.

I don't get it i attached a picture of my problem and I can't change the default launcher.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181028-202334.jpg
    Screenshot_20181028-202334.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely not standard Android. You should be able to switch back and forth at will - that's one of the selling points of Android over iPhones.

If it were mine, I'd make sure I had anything I needed backed up, and had the image file and tools needed to flash the ROM, then see what happens. If it really locks you into not being able to run a 3rd-party launcher, and I liked the Huawei launcher, I'd reflash the ROM.

(I don't normally have that problem, since I run Nova Launcher on any phone I own.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes