P smart 2019 and Google messages

Fidelandche5

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a P Smart 2019 with Google messages. I have recently changed my number (not SIM) with my carrier and since then when I send messages via the app, the chat functions have stopped working and the messages sent come through on my old number. I have changed my number in the app, cleared the cache and data. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still the same issue. People can send messages to the new number but they are only sent via SMS.

Any ideas?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry mate, I don't use chat features on my device as I use WhatsApp and Telegram. OP should perhaps try and stop Messages services and clear data ( it won't delete messages ) and restart app.
Thanks anyway for quick response , might be a conflict with number changed

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
See from what you said message go to the old number something I believe carrier didn't manage good to the new number .

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
How would you deregister from chat?

Just turning off chat features (removing you from ongoing chat conversations), changing your number in the Settings, and re-enabling should do the trick, but that's the part that Google seemingly doesn't get right. Some people in that thread suggested clearing data for the 'Carrier Services' app between turning off Chat features and re-enabling them, so that might be something to try as well.

Fidelandche5

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Just turning off chat features (removing you from ongoing chat conversations), changing your number in the Settings, and re-enabling should do the trick, but that's the part that Google seemingly doesn't get right. Some people in that thread suggested clearing data for the 'Carrier Services' app between turning off Chat features and re-enabling them, so that might be something to try as well.

Did try before posting turning off chat features, changing the number and then turning on chat features again and that didn't work, so will try clearing the carrier data to see if that works

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance