In your list of phones there Is no Y6 listed?

Anyway I got a Y6 and fast regretting it.

What piece of crap is this?

It is saying that there is 23gb of apps and keeps saying delete files, then when you go to clean up it says there is 0.95gb in apps so can't use video with only 3gb available all because of the stupid phone saying 30gb of 32gb used due to 23gb of apps!

And forget trying to factory reset, hold power down it says, hold up and down volume together it says, you will get an option to wipe, no you ******* DON'T none of the methods work so what do I do with this now, how can the stupid problem be solved?
    04-22-2020 02:13 PM
    Hi, welcome !

How many apps you have on the phone?
    04-22-2020 02:23 PM
    I told you. 0.95gb worth. So why is it saying I have 23gb?!!!

More importantly how can I reset it back to how it started like a system restore?

Meantime it's unusable and I may as well have thrown £130 down the drain.
    04-22-2020 03:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In the past, subforums were created for phones based on their popularity and on the level of demand from the user base, and the Y6 has never been a particularly common phone. Now that the forums are preparing for an upgrade in the forum software, the higher-ups have decided to cut down on the granularity of subforums in general, so there wouldn't be a Y6 subforum added anyway.

Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

Do you happen to have Kik Messenger installed?
    04-22-2020 06:39 PM
    I told you. 0.95gb worth. So why is it saying I have 23gb?!!!

More importantly how can I reset it back to how it started like a system restore?

Meantime it's unusable and I may as well have thrown £130 down the drain.
    I'm not asking what system says , I'm asking you if you have 20,60, 100 apps on your phone?
    04-22-2020 06:46 PM
    Shall I count them?

One, two, three... fifty four. Fifty four apps.
    04-22-2020 10:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In the past, subforums were created for phones based on their popularity and on the level of demand from the user base, and the Y6 has never been a particularly common phone. Now that the forums are preparing for an upgrade in the forum software, the higher-ups have decided to cut down on the granularity of subforums in general, so there wouldn't be a Y6 subforum added anyway.

Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

Do you happen to have Kik Messenger installed?
    No Kik messenger.

I don't know about screenshot.

Just imagine the storage page shows the yellow bar almost full saying 30gb used and below on apps shows 23.99g

Click on clean up and apps is showing 854mb!

Nobody is saying what the fault is or how to factory reset.

Brand new. Only had it a week. Really poor show.

https://i.postimg.cc/4dmnQ929/Screen...d-settings.jpg
    04-22-2020 10:11 PM
    Shall I count them?

One, two, three... fifty four. Fifty four apps.
    You didn't have to count, it automatically tells you in settings >apps right on the top.

Try factory reset

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/h...uawei-y6-2019/Y6-screenshot_20200422-233052_settings.jpeg
    04-22-2020 10:32 PM
    No Kik messenger.

I don't know about screenshot.

Just imagine the storage page shows the yellow bar almost full saying 30gb used and below on apps shows 23.99g

Click on clean up and apps is showing 854mb!

Nobody is saying what the fault is or how to factory reset.

Brand new. Only had it a week. Really poor show.
    Is there no other information the Storage menu shows? Are you able to scroll down to see what that yellow color represents?

You can try DiskUsage to get a better idea of what's taking up storage on the phone.

Try also wiping the cache partition: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/h...19/wipe-cache/. This won't affect your personal data. If that doesn't help, then to do a factory reset, just go to the Reset menu in the system settings.

Nobody is saying what the fault is because we're still trying to help you determine what the problem is.
    04-22-2020 11:34 PM
    Thank ypu so much for the info and advice people, I will try out the suggestions and let you know!

About wiping the cache I can't because there is another fault. I get the EMUI thing that just says software didn't install successfully and click to reboot. Then I am back to square one.

The screenshot did not go far down to show you but under Apps it is saying 23gb which of course is impossible!
    04-23-2020 05:00 AM
    It is like a brain haemorrhage. Today I was allowed to use 128mb of data then it was STORAGE FULL STORAGE FULL a message that you get every 30 seconds, oh and DELETE FILES of course that's another favourite.

I suppose I never kept the receipt because it was on a shopping trip but I honestly feel like taking Huawei to small claims and compensation for the inconvenience of a phone lasting only one week, unable to connect with public WiFi and to top the lot, a factory reset process that doesn't work either!

£130 down the drain, seeing as nobody knows how to fix this it will go in the ******* bin along with the Sony Xperia which are just as rubbish.

Gotan Honor 10 Lite, looks the biz, will never buy Huawei again that's for sure.

Except that I have bought HUAWEI again well it had better be better than the last pile of crap that's all I can say.
    04-23-2020 09:55 AM
    Are you able to install that DiskUsage app I mentioned?

Can you show us a screenshot of the EMUI screen when you try to boot into Recovery? (You'd have to take a picture of the screen with another device and post that.)

Are you able to get to the Backup & Reset menu in the main system settings (i.e., after booting normally)?
    04-23-2020 11:48 AM