What is up with the Stylo6?!

JaxRhapsody

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I dealt with it's lack of options for such a high end phone, like lacking dual screen, but I'm sick of the problems this phone has.

I don't know if it's the phone or the OS; but now I can't connect my phone to any of my computers. All it does it charge. Yes I have dev options enabled and yes usb debugging is active. I tried all the usb ports. I'm using the cable the phone came with.

It won't give me the option to to do anything other than charge the phone. I can even change it in the dev options, it won't let the menu stay open. Only thing I can think of is trying to remove the two system updates, if it's possible.

I'll probably never get another LG after this one, if they continue this crap. Only thing good about this phone is the size and surround sound. It won't even charge with the brick it came with. For about two weeks I had to keep swapping cables, bricks and car chargers to charge it. Now it doesn't even connect to a computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You've also tried different USB cables? Cables can fail unexpectedly. Also make sure the phone's USB port is clear of any debris -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

FYI, the Stylo series is a budget line from LG -- it's not considered high end by any means.

Terost

Sep 8, 2018
Visit site
I have the Stylos 5 and every time l connect the USB -C cable to my laptop, l get the message that it's charging. I click on the message to change to file transfer, photo transfer, charging. It might be the cable that came with the phone. Buy a new USB-C to USB-C cable. If the new cable doesn't work then clean the USB-C port.

JaxRhapsody

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
You've also tried different USB cables? Cables can fail unexpectedly. Also make sure the phone's USB port is clear of any debris -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

FYI, the Stylo series is a budget line from LG -- it's not considered high end by any means.

I'll hafta try that.

I have the Stylos 5 and every time l connect the USB -C cable to my laptop, l get the message that it's charging. I click on the message to change to file transfer, photo transfer, charging. It might be the cable that came with the phone. Buy a new USB-C to USB-C cable. If the new cable doesn't work then clean the USB-C port.

Yeah, it stopped doing that.

Last edited by a moderator: