Very high touch lag on brand new LG K4 120E

antoniu200

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi! This Saturday, I went to my Phone Service provider and looked for a new phone (as the one I was using started to have fat battery issues). So, I chose the LG K4 120E, from the very, very few phones they had lying and waiting for someone to come and test them. I was pleased with it at first, but after I came home and I had some free time, I wanted to play some games on it. Downloaded 8 Ball Pool and noticed some annoying touch lag. After one match, I quit the game and tried to see if the lag exists on the home screen as well, and it did exist. It was extremely high, but not as annoying as in a game. The thing would switch to the next page only after I took my finger off the screen - maybe 1/2 of a second. In the "Touchscreen repair" app from Play Store, the results were pretty good, 11-18 ms response, but when swiping, that just not the case, as I have just mentioned, as it feels like the lag is 500ms and not 11. I have never had such issue with another phone. What's happening here? Can someone help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Lollipop forum to the More LG Phones forum, since this is more likely to be a device-specific issue.

Have you already tried uninstalling that game? Or booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists?