On my LG Stylo3 random pics started showing up in my gallery. Pics of ppl and characters I don't know. I try to delete them and they come right back. I try to delete them thru settings and they come right back. I have checked all my apps for the permissions to my phone. I can't get them to go away and stay gone. They are taking up room and irritating me...
    11-26-2018 11:21 PM
    I moved this from the G3 forum to the More LG Phones forum (unfortunately, there's no Stylo 3 forum, although there are ones for the Stylo 2 and 4, go figure).

Those images are probably cached files used by some app. They might be related to an ad service, or sample images from an app. A good app developer knows to add a .nomedia file in the directory where the app caches images (since a .nomedia file in the directory instructs the system to ignore that directory when adding pictures to the gallery database), but unfortunately, there are many mediocre developers out there.

In your gallery app, select one of those images, then tap Information or Details, and see which directory the images are in. You could then use a file manager app to create a blank file titled .nomedia, and that should hide the directory from the gallery app.
    11-26-2018 11:31 PM
    Im not understanding how to make the .nomedia file I created in my file manager make all the photos go away
    11-26-2018 11:52 PM
    You don't understand how to create the file, or you don't understand how it will make the photos go away?

If you need a file manager app to create the file, try Total Commander, which is free and ad-free. When you've installed it, I can tell you how to create the file.
    11-27-2018 12:26 AM
    I created a file in the file manager app that came on. My phone.. Now what
    11-27-2018 12:58 AM
    Ok, make sure you name the new file ".nomedia" (without the quotes, but with the leading period). That file should be in the directory that contains all of the images you don't want to appear in the gallery. Now open your gallery app again, and see if those images are still there. If they are, then go to Settings>Apps, select Gallery, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Gallery again and wait a few seconds for it to rebuild the image database. The unwanted images should be gone now from the Gallery.
    11-27-2018 02:02 AM