I have a k8V that i tend to use on the charger a lot. The battery dies extremely fast even though it's supposed to have 16 hours of usage time. The generic ways like airplane mode, brightness, and clearing the apps do nothing. And battery savers don't either. Please help. I also have no money to get a new battery or a repair.
    04-07-2020 01:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! How old is the phone? If it's relatively old, and/or if you habitually drain it to zero or near zero, then the battery could be deteriorating.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    04-07-2020 02:49 AM
    This phone was released nearly 4 years ago, so that battery is likely just toast. Replacing it would be the only option, but even a "new" battery will be old stock and likely problematic as well. Realistically your only long term option is to replace the phone. If that isn't possible right now, then you'll have to just keep it plugged in as needed until you can save up to replace it. If you have a budget in mind for when the time comes, let us know, along with what sort of features you want, and we can suggest some phones better suited for you.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-07-2020 07:53 AM