What The Heck Is My Phone?

BCaywood

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
So, i purchased a go phone from walmart called a Samsung Galaxy Go Prime, model number SM-G530A.
I can't find diddley online about the "Go" prime, and every time I put in the model number in google, pages for the Grand Prime pop up. My phone was fairly cheap, at just under $100, so it's cheaper than the Grand Prime Wal-Mart offers, which is $150.
Basically, I'm looking for a good phone case and screen protector, but can't find anything specifically for the Go prime. Is it basically just a cheaper grand prime? And as far as accessories, would I just search for things for the Grand Prime?
Lastly, if it is a cheap version of the Grand Prime, what are the differences between the two? I used to have a Galaxy S4 when they first came out and paid around $4-500 for it, I can't remember exactly. Honestly, this sub $100 phone seems to be doing almost everything my old expensive phone did, so what's the deal?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what else it could be. The SM-G530 is definitely a Grand Prime and the last letter usually just denotes the carrier

leesumm

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
samsung calls it a Grand Prime. Everything I have found its the same as a Cricket Phone. You're right, there is diddly squat on this phone, but that's because its a AT&T exclusive. There are other phones with the same number but they are ,Verizon,Net10, etc. All just a bit different to make it impossible to do anything with . For a case or ? look on ebay , I ordered a case the other day and its for this number of phone. just put in search, ATT Go Phone or Samsung SM-G530A and see whats there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz