Why is Software Update option missing on my Samsung Galaxy A9 device?

A

AC Question

I recently got this Samsung Galaxy A9 phone and it has the version 4.4.2. I want to update it but there's no option to update it anywhere in settings. It's missing in the "About Phone" tab.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get it new or used? Which carrier? If it's used, the previous owner may have rooted it and installed a custom ROM.

You could try using Samsung Kies or Samsung Smart Switch to check for system updates.

echolas

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
It's new from a retail store. I just used that app and it looks like it's not rooted, since there's no root access and SU wasn't found. I noticed there's a "Custom build version" tab in the 'About phone' section though. Does that mean anything?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
What csc and baseband is on the phone. The A9 was launched with Lollipop, I believe, so I'm curious why KitKat is still on it. Do you have PC access? If so get Samsung Smart Switch installed and see if it recognises your device.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
What U.S. carrier would support the A9? I like the specs on this phone but I'm with Verizon and I know they don't support this phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith