i think ive wiped something from my phone while i was deleting music now it wont even register there is music on it never mind play anything. this applies to the phone and memory card. help please !
    06-13-2016 02:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What exactly were you deleting--only mp3 files, or whole folders? Are there still music files in any folder, if you look using My Files?
    06-13-2016 09:48 PM
    i plugged my samsung fame into my laptop and i think i deleted all the folders. when i plug the phone into the laptop now there is a music file with tracks on it but the phone itself says there are no songs.
    06-15-2016 10:44 AM
    Did you actively delete things using either the phone's My Files app or the computer's file explorer?

Is the music folder on the phone's Internal Storage, or on a microSD card?
    06-15-2016 12:13 PM
    they got deleted with the computers file explorer i guess and there is a music folder on the phone i can see it when i plug the phone into the laptop and look on the computers devices and double click on the phone device..im not sure how to check on the phone itself other than to press music player and it tells me there is no folders no artists no albums and no songs
    06-15-2016 02:07 PM
    Ok, so when the phone is connected via USB to the computer, and you're using Windows Explorer to look at the phone's internal storage, you can see the music folder with music files in it, correct? But if you use the phone's file manager app, it doesn't show up?

Try going to the App Manager, select the Music app, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open it again and wait a few seconds. Does the app's music database rebuild properly?

If not, then try forcing the phone to re-scan storage for media files using media.Re.Scan.
    06-15-2016 09:33 PM
    yes correct but the phones file manager app im not sure how to get to it..i just go to music player and no songs message appears..i did go to this in settings and cleared cache then forced stop it did open ok whenturned back on but no songs still..i plugged it back into the laptop USB and looked at the internal storage and it still says there are songs on the phone and storage card..im very confused but thankful for your help.
    06-16-2016 02:03 PM
    Sorry, are you saying you're not sure how to access the phone's file manager? If it's a Samsung Galaxy device, look for the My Files app. Otherwise, install a 3rd party file manager like Total Commander.
    06-16-2016 06:19 PM
    my files app sorry yes i found it now. the music player didnt support the files ..its ok now ive managed to put music on and its playing fine.. thanks for your help couldnt have done it without you thanks again..
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-17-2016 12:19 PM