Why do I have new bubble notifications?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have not purposely changed any settings, but today my Samsung galaxy phone has new notifications for my text messaging app. I have the regular rectangle notification that I want, but it started to have a purple bubble that has to be swiped away like the notifications for Facebook messenger. I don't know how the bubble notifications started and I can't find where to get rid of them.

jmsnyc

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have not purposely changed any settings, but today my Samsung galaxy phone has new notifications for my text messaging app. I have the regular rectangle notification that I want, but it started to have a purple bubble that has to be swiped away like the notifications for Facebook messenger. I don't know how the bubble notifications started and I can't find where to get rid of them.

I also have this question. I use Google Voice and other apps and not sure how to disable the popup "bubbles" that include content that overlay the screen unless I disable notifications all together which is not what I want to do. Even drilling down into the specific notification settings can't find option

Dlinck1

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Go to the facebook messenger app, top right is a picture, press that, it will bring you to list of settings settings, go to SMS and turn it off. I had the same issue and seems to be fixed now.