how do i turn off the double tap function on my samsung a7 while telephoning?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

how do i turn off the double tap function on my samsung a7 while telephoning? when telephoning, you sometimes need to tap digits to select a way forward: "if you speak english, press one!"..., which is difficult when you have to double tap first.
etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The double tap to unlock while you're on a call is meant to prevent you from accidentally pressing onscreen buttons while the phone is against your ear. This is typical for phones that don't have a proximity sensor (which would cause the screen to turn off automatically while the phone is against your ear), or for phones that allow you to disable the proximity sensor during a call. Check your Phone app's settings or your system settings to see if that's the case.

Aussybob

May 23, 2019
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The double tap to unlock while you're on a call is meant to prevent you from accidentally pressing onscreen buttons while the phone is against your ear. This is typical for phones that don't have a proximity sensor (which would cause the screen to turn off automatically while the phone is against your ear), or for phones that allow you to disable the proximity sensor during a call. Check your Phone app's settings or your system settings to see if that's the case.

I understand your explanation as to why 'double tap' is there - but can I turn it off ???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech