how do i turn off the double tap function on my samsung a7 while telephoning? when telephoning, you sometimes need to tap digits to select a way forward: "if you speak english, press one!"..., which is difficult when you have to double tap first.
    etc.
    02-02-2019 04:15 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The double tap to unlock while you're on a call is meant to prevent you from accidentally pressing onscreen buttons while the phone is against your ear. This is typical for phones that don't have a proximity sensor (which would cause the screen to turn off automatically while the phone is against your ear), or for phones that allow you to disable the proximity sensor during a call. Check your Phone app's settings or your system settings to see if that's the case.
    02-03-2019 10:25 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The double tap to unlock while you're on a call is meant to prevent you from accidentally pressing onscreen buttons while the phone is against your ear. This is typical for phones that don't have a proximity sensor (which would cause the screen to turn off automatically while the phone is against your ear), or for phones that allow you to disable the proximity sensor during a call. Check your Phone app's settings or your system settings to see if that's the case.
    I understand your explanation as to why 'double tap' is there - but can I turn it off ???
    05-22-2019 10:21 PM
    I understand your explanation as to why 'double tap' is there - but can I turn it off ???
    I dont think it can
    05-22-2019 10:59 PM