Anyone have an A71..?

martin2345uk

Apr 10, 2020
Visit site
Just wondered what people think of it? I have an iPhone Xʀ at the moment, I think the A71 is a fair bit bigger but I’m assuming it has a better screen... also curious about battery life and general performance

rhapdog

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Alas, my A71 doesn't arrive until Tuesday. I made the purchase after seeing many reviews from trusted sources.

Battery life was a big plus to all who reviewed it. Runs very well for a mid-range, but it's no flagship. The screen is super-AMOLED and is gorgeous.

Whether or not it's the right one for you depends on your needs.

There are numerous reviews on tech sites and on YouTube that can be quickly found with a search.

AppleIncider

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site
I have the A71. It's a great phone. It takes better pictures than my iPhone X lol.
6.7 inches of a gorgeous screen. Battery life is perfect. I get 2 days on one charge.
Best phone purchase I made in a while.
Oh, and I have the OtterBox case for it too.

marvelaos

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I also have an A71 so far so good, great battery life, great screen and performance. Pictures look awesome as well compared to my previous Motorola G6+ Currently on January security patch and waiting on update to UI 2.1 with April security patch. Good phone for the money I'd say.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my A71 last week. Only really frustrating issue I have is that face unlock and fingerprint unlock is VERY finicky. Seems it unlocks correctly 75% of the time.

Rest of phone works fine.

Now waiting on TMO to update more 5G towers around our area of town. Right now in a very big part of our town I get 5mb speeds at best.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered my black A71 today via Amazon UK with a near £100 discount for one that's been returned but not used :) Full warranty too

I've been through the Note 10+ 5G and iPhone 11 Pro Max this year and didn't get on with them both; would love a Pixel 4 XL 128GB but can't find one that's not at a daft price and would rather have expandable storage anyway.

Plus dual sim might make life easier for me as I can put both my SIMs in it, personal and business and sell my Note 8 on, maybe

I've no need for 5G as O2/GiffGaff in the UK don't do it

I'd rather have a huge screen and a flat screen at that rather than curved edges etc...

Will update when its landed with me and I've got it all set up :)

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The A71 has landed with me today; so far very impressed :)

Nice big phone, big flat screen; nothing fancy but does everything I need and dual sim, so both my numbers are in there now.

All apps and data moved across; tempered glass screen protector fitted and it's sat in an Otterbox Commuter case

All in seems a superb phone and idea for my needs :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The A71 has landed with me today; so far very impressed :)

Nice big phone, big flat screen; nothing fancy but does everything I need and dual sim, so both my numbers are in there now.

All apps and data moved across; tempered glass screen protector fitted and it's sat in an Otterbox Commuter case

All in seems a superb phone and idea for my needs :)
How's the camera?

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The cameras absolutely fine; the same quality as was on my Note 8 and Note 10 as far as I can see

I'm not a photographer at all; only use it to take pics to send via WhatsApp or load up to Instagram for my training stuff etc...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The cameras absolutely fine; the same quality as was on my Note 8 and Note 10 as far as I can see

I'm not a photographer at all; only use it to take pics to send via WhatsApp or load up to Instagram for my training stuff etc...
Cool , thanks

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Just to update my feedback on this phone...

I'm finding it superb in all honesty; it does everything I need my phone to do; and better seeing as I've got my business SIM in it also as well as my personal SIM :)

I loved the Note 10+ I had; but I hardly used its main facilities and only every took the S Pen out to show folk; it had a superb screen though and that's something I really missed when I foolishly bought the iPhone 11 Max Pro! It just felt small and basic in comparison to the Note 10+

So that got sold; I had my old Note 8 as a back up phone and enjoyed using the simplicity of the Samsung devices, albeit with an excellent screen and camera; so decided to treat myself to the A71, as really I wanted just a flat screen, a big screen and the latest Android OS.

Thought about a Google 3XL or 4XL; but would have needed. 128GB version and their prices were more than I wanted to pay, more so as more than likely with no warranty and 2nd hand etc

So managed to get the A71, brand new via Amazon UK for £334! 128GB version, in black and I've added a 64GB MicroSD card too for any extra storage needed

I've been using it solidly over the last week for personal stuff and business stuff; the video quality IMO is very good, as is the picture quality; some examples:

Google photos album (one photo, one video): https://photos.app.goo.gl/nprt9NzrtDqzrUAm7

Casualballer

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on an A71 for the spouse. I was kinda confused about something, maybe someone here can clarify. The 4g version runs a snapdragon 730 and I thought the American version runs the 765 but in the t-mobile store the guy behind the counter told me it runs the Snapdragon 7250. I've never heard of that chip set before. I didn't know of any other 700 series 5G chips.

Mike678

Sep 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi,
I have an A71 and I keep on getting long delays and temporary freezes, I will click something and nothing responds, sometimes for up to 5 seconds !
If I Close All apps it seems ok for a little while, then the same thing happens again. Has anyone else experienced this ?
It's a new phone and I am not looking forward to doing a factory reset which is the only thing I haven't tried.
thanks
Mike

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
TMO just did a big update to the A71 today. Added something called 5G NR? Hopefully it fixes some bugs I've had too.

Coffee501

Nov 5, 2019
Visit site
My new A71 is a great "flagship-like" phone without the heavy investment.
Others have expressed issues with fingerprint and facial recognition 👌 but not my device.
Having come from a Note 9 and Galaxy S7 edge this has many bells and whistles that most mid-range phones don't have, but honestly I'm missing the upper-crust quality and build "soundness".

criminal_bg

Jul 12, 2019
Visit site
jus recently got me a Samsung A71, in all honesty i wanted a flagship but the finances just aren't there for the time, so i looked for a good mid range phone, and i settled for the A71. i got it out of the box running Android 10 One UI 2.5, its on Android security patch level 1 November 2020. considering i live in the Caribbean, the updates might take a lil time before it gets to me.
i am loving h A71 though, for a mid range, the 128 GB internal storage is great, i stuck my old 64 GB in for the time but its practically full so planning to get either a 128 GB or 256 GB to throw in there.
i came from an older phone so i made the jump over 4 different versions of Android straight to 10, so i am still getting used to all the new things Android 10 can do, with One UI 2.5
love that this mid range has night mode, super slow mo etc for the cam, i love taking pics of nature and other stuff. so i am going to need to learn about the depth of the A71 cam abilities. also wish it had a telephoto lens, but i see the new A72 will have one but there isnt much change from the A71 to justify a change.
can we A71 users start a picture thread to post pics, i am only seeing it for the flagships, and i understand why, people want to know if the cams are performing well for the price, but i just like taking pics so i want to share.
like the flat screen, and the Super AMOLED Plus really is nice. kinda wish it had a higher refresh rate but oh well, at 6.7 in size, its up there with the flagship sizes
i also love the fact that this only comes with a SD soc, so no me complaining about poor performance with the Exynos variant. and i have been playing games good on this phone with no issues.
battery life is good so far, and the fast charging comes in clutch.
love it has the under display fingerprint scanner, thats what i use, not doing face unlock. the scanner works good for me, i think any issues are due to how i place my finger and not on the scanner.
6 GB of RAM is also nice to have on a mid range
oh forgot to mention i got the Prism Crush Black

does anybody use Bixby routines?? i need some info on that please and thanks.

so this is a good phone for the price if you dont need to have a flagship.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie