A7 light question

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Does this tablet have the call&text from a galaxy phone feature?
Doubt it. It's a tablet, not a phone. The mobile data capabilities are usually for data only. Not for cellular use.

Although, there may be some texting tie-in apps. I think AT&T has one. But not calls.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Samsung's official site for this doesn't mention the Tab A7: www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00083152/ I suppose it's always possible Samsung hasn't kept this page up to date, so hopefully someone who owns the A7 can chime in here.
I found it on Samsung's site. It's a Tab A7 Lite. There's a regular Wi-Fi and one with LTE. AT&T actually offers the LTE version.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...F%3FmodelCode%3DSM-T220NZAAXAR&token=M3i6rDTl

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...axy-tab-a7-lite-32gb-gray.html&token=aIHSjECG

Sorry, I linked the wrong device for the AT&T link. It's fixed now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I meant that the support page about Call & Text on Other Devices doesn't mention the A7 (or the A7 lite) as supporting the feature. (I'm very much aware of the existence of the Tab A7 because I was strongly considering getting one when it was on sale at Costco, but then decided to just stick with my Lenovo Chromebook Duet.:D)

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I meant that the support page about Call & Text on Other Devices doesn't mention the A7 (or the A7 lite) as supporting the feature. (I'm very much aware of the existence of the Tab A7 because I was strongly considering getting one when it was on sale at Costco, but then decided to just stick with my Lenovo Chromebook Duet.:D)

Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I did see a Q&A listing on the AT&T site for the device - someone there asked about calls and text, and the answer from AT&T was that it did not have it. But a third party option like Google Voice or Text Now would work.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
just bought this tablet today and I'm using it with a 1Plus 9. I connected it to my phone for texting via Google messages. haven't played with it so much yet but I will keep the calling feature in mind and if I find something I'll post it here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20