Downloading

Sapper1690

Dec 29, 2022
Visit site
Whenever I download a movie to my internal storage, or sd card, I cannot find the movie in the file menu, they have downloaded, it's just not showing anywhere, I cannot access them, what am I doing wrong.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you downloading these movies from? Which tablet do you have?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What app are you using to perform these downloads?

If you look in the settings of that app, are you able to pick a download destination?

What app are you using to try and find the download?

Have you connected to a PC/laptop to see if you can find the download with the folder browser?

Has this ever worked for you in the past? How long has this been happening?

There are literally so many possibilities for this I wouldn't even know where to start guessing. We need more information.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Whenever I download a movie to my internal storage, or sd card, I cannot find the movie in the file menu, they have downloaded, it's just not showing anywhere, I cannot access them, what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Welcome to AC!
You have a older Samsung tablet ? I see u posted in more Samsung that usually indicates it's a old version

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
This was normal whenever I downloaded from a streaming service for offline play, multiple services I've used hide the files for copyright protection. The files are essentially hidden to prevent them from being copied or moved to reduce piracy.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If you use something like total file commander or the like you may be able to find them. I know at one time finding them broke them though.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll just preemptively say that if you're trying to download movies from a "free" (i.e., illegal) website, we'll just close this thread.