For mother's day, I got my mom a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to replace her aging Nexus 7. I mostly got it due to the SPen, because she often enter Chinese and the Spen can be use to write the characters. I am currently setting up the tablet.

This got me thinking, how have you use the Spen to make yourself more productive? I have used tablet mostly as a consumer device and use a laptop for work. I don't do art and was wondering if there are productivity advantages to using a pen?

How have you use a pen tablet to improve your productivity?

Paul
    05-24-2017 02:38 AM
    Personally I only really use it for writing which is typically note taking, or artwork on a tablet.

With my Note phones I've used it for texting, Swype to text is faster without my thumbs in the way, use it for games, drop down menus on websites. It becomes my main form of input.
    05-24-2017 03:06 AM
    I love the Spen, use it everyday, I am an artist
    05-25-2017 04:51 AM
    I send a lot of documents and photos to numerous colleagues. Being able to quickly annotate/comment with the pen is great. Selecting any part of a doc/photo and save just that or send just that or comment and send just that part is so convenient. With MS Office and remote/WiFi printing there is little I can't do with either the 12.2 or S3. I am no artist, but building projects that require basic (crude?) measuring and drawing, the S Pen and the drawings it produces and saves to many different apps is also convenient (and you don't have to worry about getting coffee stains on your drawings). I rarely need a desktop​ or laptop, now, as overall these tablets work just as well and faster than those.
    05-25-2017 10:46 AM
    When I'm sitting in court (which is hours per day) I jot down things to do as they come to me. Much faster for me than typing. Plus I love the color selection.
    06-30-2017 07:47 PM