This will never be answered.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I guess I need to put more details on here. First things first is that the phone was bought online through amazon. I don't know whether or not it was listed as unlocked or not as I have not gotten the listing that it was listed on. I was given the phone from a friend to see if I can get it on Net10 for them. So I don't know yet how the phone was listed as I am waiting for them to reply with the listing so I can see the listing and talk to the seller to see if they can help. As the first thing I did was to call us cellular as the carrier is the one that unlocks the phone. So they said they are unable to do it and it has to be done in a store. So then I let them know that wouldn't be possible because of the distance. And since I already knew what the next step was I asked them. Can I provide you the IMEI to you so I can get the status of the phone and of course they took it and said it was locked. Thus is why I am here asking for help. I am a computer technician and lots of technical things come to me naturally. Just the one thing that doesn't is the process of unlocking phones. I have only done one phone a long while back which was a razr I believe which was a flip phone that was on Verizon. Pretty much I used a flashing software on it to try and get internet on it and I got it to work. Just it didn't work as I planned. So long story short I am able to understand lots of technical things. This is one of the reasons I don't like asking for help as I feel as if people think I am stupid by telling me all the things I already know. I guess I should from now on make all my threads so detailed that no one will want to answer them because they will think I am being a troll or something.

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Flashing ROMs not meant for your device is not a good idea as you can potentially brick your phone. I'd recommend going to US Cellular and asking them if it is indeed unlocked.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess everyone always asumes that the network carrier will be happy to unlock it. Well with them being 100s of miles away it would be a waste to go that far.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I imagine that US Cellular will know from the IMEI whether your device is locked to them. An email should do it. They may also be prepared to send you an unlock code.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz