So it looks like in addition to the Huawei Watch the Zenwatch 2 has been taken apart to reveal a speaker. I just got to wonder if there is a big update about to happen to AW that we are going to miss out on since it doesn't appear that the 360 2nd gen has a speaker. At least I can't see any holes for speaker sound to come out of. How would you feel if an update comes down in a month or two that uses speaker support and Moto chose to leave it out of the 360. I wouldn't mind if it happened after a year or so but if it happens in a month or two I'd probably be upset.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    10-13-2015 08:45 AM
    Well, there definitely is a big update coming. The new LG Urbane LTE 2nd Edition is running the newest version of AW that will include 3G/4G support and supposedly a bunch of other stuff. They won't even let people turn the watch on to look at the new stuff in the reviews I've read. So we'll see in November I guess. It would be kind of a bummer if the Moto was left out of something new and cool though!
    10-13-2015 10:51 AM
    10-13-2015 10:53 AM
    The only thing I would like a speaker for is Google Now results, and navigation directions. Phone calls on my wrist really don't do it for me, and I've had a Gear S which has had that capability for almost a year. I've taken calls twice from my watch.

It wouldn't really bother me, though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-13-2015 01:39 PM
    I agree with you on the whole speaker aspects I don't think talking to my watch will make me feel cool I had the Samsung s watch that looked like a small ph strapped to my wrist and it had its own Sims card with data and ph number I didn't like it so much. I want the speaker for music and directions.

PookiePrancer likes this.
    10-13-2015 08:07 PM
    I want the speaker for music and directions.
    Music? From something like a 4mm speaker? I think I will pass on that
    10-14-2015 06:30 AM
    Music? From something like a 4mm speaker? I think I will pass on that
    That's the thing: different people would want different capabilities, but none are really compelling.

10-14-2015 06:48 AM
    For me it's not so much about the capabilities it may provide although I'd hope they could come up with something interesting that I would want to use, it's more about what it would say to me as a consumer about Motorola as a company. From the outside looking in it would appear that other companies like Huawei and Asus are looking out for there customers by future proofing there products while Motorola seems perfectly content to sell you an expensive product that could very well be surpassed or outdated in a matter of months. While we don't know if an update is indeed coming we do know that companies generally don't add things for no reason and it would be very doubtful that Huawei and Asus would have information that Motorola doesn't. I do like the device a lot but if it plays out this way this would be the second year in a row that Motorola skimped on hardware to the detriment of their customers.
    10-14-2015 10:53 AM
    I was wondering about this too, and haven't been able to find any tear downs of the 360-2 yet, though I did notice that below the microphone hole at least on the 46mm body, there is a slit near the bottom where the back meets the casing. Not sure if this would be big enough for a speaker, or if the placement of it being below the microphone hole would tell us what it is (if it was a speaker, maybe it works with noise cancellation during speech?).

These show what I'm talking about, near where the black back meets the silver casing under the microphone...
    Speaker support-img_20151014_123256.jpgSpeaker support-img_20151014_123307.jpg
    10-14-2015 12:32 PM
    I have no interest for a speaker. It wold just be another thing I would mute. I had the first Samsung watch and I liked it at first but once the novelty weaned off it was just really bad. The sound is tiny and I hated when people called my watch a "**** Tracey" watch. That is why I like the moto so much its has a minimalist watch look to it.
    10-14-2015 05:32 PM
    I was wondering about this too, and haven't been able to find any tear downs of the 360-2 yet, though I did notice that below the microphone hole at least on the 46mm body, there is a slit near the bottom where the back meets the casing. Not sure if this would be big enough for a speaker, or if the placement of it being below the microphone hole would tell us what it is (if it was a speaker, maybe it works with noise cancellation during speech?).

These show what I'm talking about, near where the black back meets the silver casing under the microphone...
    I also noticed that slit and wondered about it. It is not on the 360.1. Hard to imagine that could be a speaker slit... especially placed under a microphone (worst possible place to put a speaker. But I can't think of what else it could be. Perhaps a way to take off the back?
    10-15-2015 01:26 AM
    Yes I just assume that its just the way to get the back off. Like you said it would be a horrible place for a speaker.
    10-15-2015 08:28 AM
    That slit looks about like the one on the Huawei Watch. They put theirs underneath one of the lugs. Brilliant /s

10-16-2015 04:47 PM
    Well it's official that moto didn't want to look out for its customers. I don't think I will be purchasing another of their products. Just knowing that they made the conscious decision not to future proof the watch when others did says a lot to me.

02-05-2016 11:31 PM
    No issues with the 2015 360 not having the speaker. Tried the Huawei and it would give me my normal notifications. The 360 does this and frankly looks better. Not sure I would take a call on my wrist anyway..... Too each his own on things like this.

02-06-2016 11:47 AM
    Well it's not really about whether or not I'd take a call on the watch itself. I also have the gear s2 3g and I've only used the call functionality once. For me it's more about the statement it makes about them as a company with respect to providing the best value for their customers. This year they raised the price on the base model for no good reason and didn't assure that their customers would be able to use all the features that they knew were coming. Hell even Asus added a speaker on their watch which costs half as much.

02-06-2016 05:52 PM
    I had tried the Huawei before the Moto, but returned the Huawei because of its pink screen and small size. Even after I found out the Huawei had a speaker, I realized it still wouldn't fit my needs. The large 360 screen and ambient light sensor were features I knew I'd enjoy all day, every day. Besides, I already have a speaker on a Gear S, and it's not all that.

02-06-2016 09:49 PM
    I had tried the Huawei before the Moto, but returned the Huawei because of its pink screen and small size. Even after I found out the Huawei had a speaker, I realized it still wouldn't fit my needs. The large 360 screen and ambient light sensor were features I knew I'd enjoy all day, every day. Besides, I already have a speaker on a Gear S, and it's not all that.

i would of got the 360, but i like amoled screens, and can't get passed the flat tire, Plus the Huawei has better build quality
    02-06-2016 11:49 PM
    i would of got the 360, but i like amoled screens, and can't get passed the flat tire, Plus the Huawei has better build quality
    Build quality is excellent on the 360. The flat tire houses the ambient light sensor because the 360 doesn't have huge, easily scratched lugs. About 90% of the time, your watch face is covered by a white card at the bottom anyway. And the Huawei screen has poor color accuracy. Check out Jim's Review Room on YouTube; that pink screen is nasty. The G Watch R or Urbane have better screens.

02-07-2016 06:36 AM
    I doubt the Huawei is a better build quality than the Moto 360.
    02-07-2016 06:47 AM
    I had the Huawei watch and it was built very well but I returned it. Kept disconnecting from my phone even after a factory reset so I thought if was just my phone. Tried it on a different phone and same thing.

Screen had a very slight pink hue but only noticeable when it was held against another device but that didn't bother me too much.

I barely got 13 hours out of it with the screen off.

I'll be looking at the Moto360 this year and see what they bring to the table. I'm in no rush for one.
    02-10-2016 09:33 PM
    I had the Gear 2 and Gear S and the whole speaker thing was annoying. The best thing in my opinion about having a smart watch is that you don't have to pull your phone out of your pocket every 5 seconds to know what the message is or who the caller is. On the Gear 2 when wearing a blue tooth head set I couldn't answer the call using my watch. With the 360 I can. And talking on my watch was horrible as it sounded like crap and was just weird. After coming from the Samsung side.. I enjoy the simplicity of the 360 but your mileage may vary.
    03-06-2016 11:57 PM