This is my first smart watch so I'm probably a little behind the curve with this, but here are some of my favorite apps:

If you noticed Moto says you can't connect via wifi if the site is using a login screen ("captive portal") like some public wifi places do. But if you don't mind paying a few bucks, you can get Wear Internet Browser which will allow you to open a browser and login. I don't really want to login to Starbucks, but there are some friends who have guest logins on their network so I got it.

Also, the Wear Mini Launcher is really nice because it allows you to pull a side screen out and have quick access to your favorite apps (including Settings) without having to scroll through all the ones you don't want. You can actually hide the ones you don't ever want to see.

Both of these apps provide functionality that, imho, should have been on the watch. Lastly, along that same line, unless you use Hangouts as your default text message app, you're very limited in how you can reply. Wear Messenger blows open a whole lot of options including a keyboard and letting you pre-define your own quick answers.

So those are some of my favorite apps - what are some others?
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    10-16-2015 03:12 PM
    1) Watchmaker
    2) Attopedia
    3) Wear Mini Launcher
    4) Calculator
    SpyglassSally likes this.
    10-16-2015 05:13 PM
    I had never heard of attopedia. Very cool.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 05:18 PM
    This is my first smart watch so I'm probably a little behind the curve with this, but here are some of my favorite apps:

If you noticed Moto says you can't connect via wifi if the site is using a login screen ("captive portal") like some public wifi places do. But if you don't mind paying a few bucks, you can get Wear Internet Browser which will allow you to open a browser and login. I don't really want to login to Starbucks, but there are some friends who have guest logins on their network so I got it.

Also, the Wear Mini Launcher is really nice because it allows you to pull a side screen out and have quick access to your favorite apps (including Settings) without having to scroll through all the ones you don't want. You can actually hide the ones you don't ever want to see.

Both of these apps provide functionality that, imho, should have been on the watch. Lastly, along that same line, unless you use Hangouts as your default text message app, you're very limited in how you can reply. Wear Messenger blows open a whole lot of options including a keyboard and letting you pre-define your own quick answers.

Can you use the browser on the watch connected to WiFi without your phone on?
    10-16-2015 07:21 PM
    Can you use the browser on the watch connected to WiFi without your phone on?
    That's a great question. I hadn't even thought of that. So I turned off my phone and yes, I still can use the browser on my watch. The little Wi-Fi icon is above the browser showing I am connected via Wi-Fi.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-2015 07:30 PM
    That's a great question. I hadn't even thought of that. So I turned off my phone and yes, I still can use the browser on my watch. The little Wi-Fi icon is above the browser showing I am connected via Wi-Fi.

10-16-2015 07:32 PM

That's pretty cool. I'll have to try that when my watch comes next week. Thanks
    10-16-2015 07:33 PM
    unless you use Hangouts as your default text message app, you're very limited in how you can reply. Wear Messenger blows open a whole lot of options including a keyboard and letting you pre-define your own quick answers.
    I just use 8sms and it allows me to voice reply to texts or dismiss them. Limited, but usually does what I want.
    10-16-2015 09:18 PM
    Great info here, thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 07:59 AM
    How do you log in to networks without a keyboard?

10-22-2015 03:07 PM
    If you go into your watch's settings, to wifi and click on the wifi network, it will automatically copy over the credentials from your phone. So you have to have already logged in on your phone, but then it just copies over.

Also, with the wear browser, you can click and use a keyboard that appears.
    crxssi and PookiePrancer like this.
    10-22-2015 03:11 PM
    If you go into your watch's settings, to wifi and click on the wifi network, it will automatically copy over the credentials from your phone. So you have to have already logged in on your phone, but then it just copies over.

Also, with the wear browser, you can click and use a keyboard that appears.
    Thanks! The browser was the one I was wondering about. Very handy!

10-22-2015 05:11 PM