Looking to buy - Got a few questions, can anyone help?

xreyuk123

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a new Moto 360 watch as I'm finally getting into the smartwatch market. I'm more excited about having a customisable fashion accessory, rather than the added functionality of having a smartwatch (such as notifications) because I've always got my phone with me.

I currently have an iPhone 6 as a personal phone, and an HTC One M8 (soon to be Vodafone Smart Ultra 6) for my work phone. During the day I would have the watch connected to either phone (if possible) and at night/during the weekends I'd have it connected to my iPhone.

However, I have a few questions.

1. Firstly, is it possible to have the watch work with more than one phone? I understand it will only be one at a time.

2. What kind of functionality can I expect when paired with an iPhone? Will it literally just be notifications for some apps, and having the ability to dismiss them, and not much else?

3. Do apps run natively on the watch, or do they require the phone to run? For instance, could I install some apps onto the watch using my Android phone, and then continue using them when connected to my iPhone? (And is Google maps or similar an option?)

4. This ties in with the above, but could I use my Android phone to modify the watch face, and have the watch face stay the same when paired with the iPhone?

5. When connected to the iPhone, will it have integration with android stock apps, such as the default mail app, instead of the gmail app? Or am I limited to Google's applications?

6. Should I have any privacy concerns when using Android Wear? What I mean is, are Google likely to collect information from the use of my watch? I try to avoid using my Android phone for anything personal, as from what I understand, Google like collecting data?

7. Will any heart rate/steps data have to by synced with the Android phone using Google or Motorola's version of the app? I currently have a fitbit, and would like to know if their app can access the heart rate sensors/health information from the watch?

8. Finally, will any standard 20mm or 22mm watch band work with the moto 360 (depending on what size I buy), or will I have to buy specially designed ones with the quick release mechanism? Trying to decide whether to buy metal now, or buy metal aftermarket, at a cheaper price.

Thanks guys, appreciate responses, and sorry for all of the questions!

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I can't answer most of your questions but the most important thing I can answer is that the watch won't work for your needs. The watch can only be paired to one phone a time and to pair it to another one requires a factory reset. Even if you only want to use one phone at a time it's not possible without reseting the watch each time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I suggesting you to buy iPhone 6 and not iPhone 6s. Few different but no use of buying iPhone 6s. I am use to be a android user but now i start using iPhone and seems pretty good.

xreyuk123

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Well I can't answer most of your questions but the most important thing I can answer is that the watch won't work for your needs. The watch can only be paired to one phone a time and to pair it to another one requires a factory reset. Even if you only want to use one phone at a time it's not possible without reseting the watch each time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks appreciate it.

ChrissyCO

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Brilliant, thanks.

So just to confirm, you're still connected to your Android phone for customising the watch, but can receive text and call notifications from your iPhone? No other apps, just calls and texts?

That is correct. I posted a picture of me calling my iphone from my landline and the call notifications appear on the phone and watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital