Anyone planning on switching to Huawei?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I have both watches right now and I am leaning toward the Huawei watch for a couple reasons.

1. Overall look is much nicer to me.
2. Always on picture quality is much better
3. I am an AMOLED fan.
4. Feels like a higher end watch

Anyone else feel the same?

The 360 flat tire does not bother me and I actually like the 46mm size....

In the end both are excellent watches.

Posted via the Android Central App

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes they are. I tested both as well, and ended up keeping the 360.

Ambient mode is rendered better on the Huawei, but it's too freaking bright at night; very distracting while driving. And the lack of an ambient light sensor was annoying. Bright as ambient mode is, it's nothing compared to the lighthouse you get in active mode at night. Fiddling with a watch's brightness is not my idea of "smart."

Though for me, the straw that broke the camel's back was the red-tinted Huawei screen. Every pixel glowed red when they should have been pitch black.

The weak ambient mode in the 360 didn't bother me as much once I found a couple of faces that look awesome unless your eyes are six inches from the screen. And you still can't beat the screen real estate of the 46mm.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
No I don't think so, personally the Huawei doesn't really add anything in my opinion to justify the price difference (although I think they are both overpriced). I would prefer an AMOLED but I like the addition of the ambient light sensor more since I had a problem in direct sunlight with my Zenwatch which has an AMOLED but required manual adjustment.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the Huawei for almost 2 weeks. I got a 360 (2015) 46mm. After having the 360 for 3 or 4 days, I returned the Huawei watch to Best Buy.

I posted all the reasons over in the Huawei watch subforum. Mainly, it was: The bigger screen on the M is better for me. And, I already have Qi chargers everywhere. I don't like proprietary chargers and I did not want to have to buy more of them just for my watch.

Plus, I like the way the M looks (black/black knurled bezel/black leather band) a little better than the H (silver/black leather band). I showed them both to one of the women at my office and she also picked the M as the better looking of the two. The M (with 46mm size and knurled bezel) was $20 more than the H, so it definitely was not a financial decision.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Ambient mode is rendered better on the Huawei, but it's too freaking bright at night; very distracting while driving. And the lack of an ambient light sensor was annoying. Bright as ambient mode is, it's nothing compared to the lighthouse you get in active mode at night. Fiddling with a watch's brightness is not my idea of "smart."

+1

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Huawei and returned it immediately right when I opened the box in the store. It was way too small for my preference. The screen was nice and it was a awesome looking watch but it just wasn't for me. I ended up going with the 46mm moto 360 (black on black metal). This is my 6th Smart Watch with/for Android wear and this new 360 is definitely the best overall IMO. I also owned the 1st gen 360 too. I just wish I could find some watch bands that have the quick release so I can actually utilize the new feature in the new watch. Motorola still has 1st gen bands in their official site. I want some leather 😑

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay