Hello,

maybe someone can help me..

today i finally got my moto 360 Sport but iam a little bit disappointed... i want to track different kind of sports without taking my mobile phone..
    running works perfectly but how can i track gym workouts... cycling...

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks and Greetings Marc
    01-04-2016 03:57 PM
    You have to remember that the Moto360 is not a full-fledged fitness tracker, and also, that is mainly created to be a phone companion. It can count steps, it can estimate calorie burn based on movement, heart rate, and your body profile (input in your phone, by the way) but that's about it.

Without the phone the watch should still be able to do those things, but if you want a specific tracking of certain activities like running or biking, you'd have to input those manually into the phone app (some fitness apps might let you do a basic input from the watch, but in the end, it needs the phone app to do 'the good stuff').
    01-04-2016 04:18 PM
    The latest update to Google Fit, called Fit Activity allows you to select some activities from your watch - walking, running, biking, push up, sit up, or squat. The app then allows you to touch "start" when ready, and you can pause the activity and restart any time. When you're finished, your watch shows you various statistics. I have what is still the best smart watch, the Sony SW3 (I'm very disappointed with the Moto 360 Sport). This app turns on GPS, etc. as appropriate on the watch. GPS connects quickly and does not use that much battery. The app even has "challenges" and shows videos (on your watch) of proper form. So far I've used it for walking, running, and squat - works great. Unfortunately the form shown for squat is not correct IMO. Your knees should not go past you toes.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-10-2016 10:31 AM
    I know your post is a few weeks old but how is the Sony 3? I've read so many mixed things on it ...especially GPS failing if the watch gets wet. I want a watch to use standalone music and GPS and I also found the Moto 360 sport to be a gigantic disappointment and returned it.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2016 04:51 PM
    I don't use my watch to listen to music. When I run or hike, it's an occasion for meditation. I can't tell you about that. I can tell you that everything else you seem to be interested in has worked well for me. There are several things that I think are better on the SW3 - battery life, drops of water or sweat on the screen don't turn it on, great ambient screen in full sunlight, the lime green strap, not laggy, solid BT connection with phone (Galaxy S5).There are a few things not available, as you probably know. No heart rate monitor, no NFC, and no wireless charging. The latter would be nice if you don't travel much. When you travel, all you need is a little transformer and micro-USB cable, rather than a bulkier dock. If you get the SW3, charging it will drive you nuts at first, but after a few weeks it'll seem so easy you could do it in your sleep. The next Sony watch is supposed to be very similar - i.e. very practical - (rumors!) but with NFC so you can pay for things just my touching your watch to a terminal. I'm eagerly awaiting this.
    01-31-2016 10:33 AM