Someone on +Google posted this, thought I'd link it here too--the change log doesn't mention anything about speaker support, so it looks like that may set that one to rest.
    Change Log

They also have a link directly stating that it does not have a speaker. I'm not sure when it was posted, but seems to me that would be definitive as well: Speaker FAQ

I have to say I am a little disappointed--while I really don't think I'd have used the speaker much, I'd still like to have the option for it.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    02-05-2016 03:20 PM
    The speaker FAQ was posted last year, before the release of the new 360, so it's in reference to the old one. Still, the changelog's silence on a speaker feature pretty much does put it to rest.

I've had speaker on a smart watch for over a year in my Gear S. It really isn't that big a deal, as far as features go. Tiny mono speakers suck, no matter what you use them for.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2016 08:36 PM
    The speaker FAQ was posted last year, before the release of the new 360, so it's in reference to the old one. Still, the changelog's silence on a speaker feature pretty much does put it to rest.

I've had speaker on a smart watch for over a year in my Gear S. It really isn't that big a deal, as far as features go. Tiny mono speakers suck, no matter what you use them for.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have a Gear S and the speaker quality is excellent, especially for such a small speaker. My phone conversations have excellent quality, both ways. I actually preferred it to the phone speaker (Note 4).
    02-12-2016 02:57 PM