Screen always ON with manual brigthness?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So on the 1st gen Moto 360 we can't let screen ON all the time but with ambiant ON which is useless outdoor, but with the 2nd gen is it possible to just use max brightness always ON knowing the battery is better?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
" is it possible to just use max brightness always ON...."

I don't think its possible to run Gen-2 under this set of parameters. The Always ON mode dims down regardless of how you set the brightness.

There are custom watch faces that you can download though that are plain vanilla... just dial markers and hands. Dial designs like this will achieve what you are after, plain time-telling with maximum brightness.

IMHO the biggest reason to go with the moto 360 over the other rounders is its auto dimming/brightening function. It works GREAT I have found. It effectively throttles battery usage with dimmer settings indoors, yet runs the screen wide open when its bright and sunny. It effectively prevents accidentally having a dark screen in bright sunlight, while conserving battery with dimmer screens indoors. The major drawback cosmetically is the flat at the bottom. If you are going to manually set brightness or keep it continually cranked up... go with the LG Urbaine or Gwatch R instead.

Last edited:

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
" is it possible to just use max brightness always ON...."

I don't think its possible to run Gen-2 under this set of parameters. The Always ON mode dims down regardless of how you set the brightness.

There are custom watch faces that you can download though that are plain vanilla... just dial markers and hands. Dial designs like this will achieve what you are after, plain time-telling with maximum brightness.

IMHO the biggest reason to go with the moto 360 over the other rounders is its auto dimming/brightening function. It works GREAT I have found. It effectively throttles battery usage with dimmer settings indoors, yet runs the screen wide open when its bright and sunny. It effectively prevents accidentally having a dark screen in bright sunlight, while conserving battery with dimmer screens indoors. The major drawback cosmetically is the flat at the bottom. If you are going to manually set brightness or keep it continually cranked up... go with the LG Urbaine or Gwatch R instead.

Thanks!
Another noob question: If you lose connection with your smartphone, like if you left your phone in a room far from you, will the Moto 360 keeps at least the clock working or it will say ''offline'' till you reach your phone again?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
When bluetooth is unavailable or out of range it displays a little white X'd out cloud icon at the 12:00 position. It still keeps accurate time though. But it uses its internal clock... it can't download time information from its mothership (so to speak). So if the 360 becomes unpaired and daylight savings time jumps ahead... I think the 360 will remain an hour behind until it re-pairs up. (let others correct me though)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01