Regal watch face

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I just downloaded the Regal interactive watch face on my Moto 360 yesterday, and even though there aren't NES settings associate with watch face I must tell you that when doing Google voice actions or voice typing it's much more accurate with this watch face for some reason. I have no idea why but it is. I figured I would share this with everyone.

8cce2be2657610c1fb58c4ecdc7d7055.jpg

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Cool thanks for the tip. I have been using it this morning to text my sister in law, we have a big family dinner planned. I think you are right, voice recognition works MUCH better than watchmaker premium or intellicom watch faces. It even works better than the OEM motorola watch faces.

the efficiency of voice recognition has been my ONLY complaint. Here all along I thought it was something with the watch or AW. Never would have thought it was the watch face app. THANKS for discovering this!!

Curious... do you notice voice performance improvements when you connect the moto360 to a wifi?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks for the tip. I have been using it this morning to text my sister in law, we have a big family dinner planned. I think you are right, voice recognition works MUCH better than watchmaker premium or intellicom watch faces. It even works better than the OEM motorola watch faces.

the efficiency of voice recognition has been my ONLY complaint. Here all along I thought it was something with the watch or AW. Never would have thought it was the watch face app. THANKS for discovering this!!

Curious... do you notice voice performance improvements when you connect the moto360 to a wifi?
No, in the interesting thing is when my Moto 360 is connected to Wi-Fi it doesn't stay connected or the connections not stable but something happened between my phone and my watch. But yes for some reason this particular watch face has a much better voice recognition than a lot of other watch faces. It understands the voice more accurately and the watch face response faster I don't know why. Unfortunately what I've also noticed is that this watch face significant drains my my Moto 360 battery. Don't know why though unfortunately.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
OK thanks I will keep an eye out for the battery status. Already I have used my watch more than I typically do in a full day. So today will be a good test.

Heres one thats MADDENING.... no matter how clearly and slowly I speak they word "YAAAAY", the watch ALWAYS interprets it as "GAY". So "Yaaaay Graduation!!" Comes out "Gay Graduation"... pisses me off, I have to manually type in the word YAAAY.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK thanks I will keep an eye out for the battery status. Already I have used my watch more than I typically do in a full day. So today will be a good test.

Heres one thats MADDENING.... no matter how clearly and slowly I speak they word "YAAAAY", the watch ALWAYS interprets it as "GAY". So "Yaaaay Graduation!!" Comes out "Gay Graduation"... pisses me off, I have to manually type in the word YAAAY.
No I feel I hear what you're saying. I'm getting my watch battery today as well. I mean I'll admit that I also am using my Moto 360 watch a lot more than I usually do due to the more accurate voice commands. LOL as far as the weird words that it doesn't get I usually just spell it out whether there's a word or name. Unfortunately, I don't have any words often but just weird and unusual words that I used it doesn't pick up and I had to spell out which I don't mind cause I'm a good speller, but still.

Okay so update, what I just tried to do with the watch face on my Moto 360 was uninstalled it reinstalled completely and reboot the Moto 360 watch completely. I'll update you as to if any battery improvements happened.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
LOL funny you mention spelling out the words... I tried spelling it out it "Y-A-Y"... and it came out "Yiay".... WTH is that? thats not even a word... LOL

Its 5:00 now, and running the Regal watch face all day my moto 360 2.0 (46mm) is at 79% battery... thats with WAY more texting today than I usually do.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
LOL funny you mention spelling out the words... I tried spelling it out it "Y-A-Y"... and it came out "Yiay".... WTH is that? thats not even a word... LOL

Its 5:00 now, and running the Regal watch face all day my moto 360 2.0 (46mm) is at 79% battery... thats with WAY more texting today than I usually do.
Well like I said I restarted the watch and uninstall and reinstall the watch face. Hopefully that will fix the issue I mean for all I know it could have been a bad installed. Yes, I was texting like crazy today. I will have to see what happens tomorrow.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Just a follow up, by 10:00 PM yesterday my watch battery was down to 69%, with much heavier than my usual voice-text'ing in the morning.

So if anything the Regal watch dial is slightly more efficient than the others I have been using.

Yes, voice recognition is noticeably better.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just a follow up, by 10:00 PM yesterday my watch battery was down to 69%, with much heavier than my usual voice-text'ing in the morning.

So if anything the Regal watch dial is slightly more efficient than the others I have been using.

Yes, voice recognition is noticeably better.
Well, I guess I should try using regal watch face one more time seriously without being indecisive or inpatient in my actions. It seems to me that the battery drain even on July / modern usage for me was more sore than normal after several reboots and several watch face swap outs.

Yes, the voice recognition with the Regal watch face is nice. There's no question about that the only other thing that I really miss as far as issues go is the day of the week. So you didn't notice any abnormal or obnoxious battery drain whatsoever right? Interesting... if possible on the next full charge I'll send you screenshots of what I am seeing... it's just really weird.

So a second try for the torque watch face I'm trying to the torque watch face one more time seriously because I love the look of It Animation 2 smooth and beautiful and it looks like my car's RPM gauge which I love! I'm holding them watch face up close to my mouth and talking to it normal and it's picking up everything. So again, I'll update once I know more probably tomorrow or so. And I'll see how the battery drain is concerned. LOL

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, I guess I should try using regal watch face one more time seriously without being indecisive or inpatient in my actions. It seems to me that the battery drain even on July / modern usage for me was more sore than normal after several reboots and several watch face swap outs.

Yes, the voice recognition with the Regal watch face is nice. There's no question about that the only other thing that I really miss as far as issues go is the day of the week. So you didn't notice any abnormal or obnoxious battery drain whatsoever right? Interesting... if possible on the next full charge I'll send you screenshots of what I am seeing... it's just really weird.

So a second try for the torque watch face I'm trying to the torque watch face one more time seriously because I love the look of It Animation 2 smooth and beautiful and it looks like my car's RPM gauge which I love! I'm holding them watch face up close to my mouth and talking to it normal and it's picking up everything. So again, I'll update once I know more probably tomorrow or so. And I'll see how the battery drain is concerned. LOL

Correct... I do not notice any additional battery drain with Regal. If anything it may be slightly more efficient... I will post my battery percentage once more at 10:00 PM tonight, after a day with relatively light voice text-ing.

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Correct... I do not notice any additional battery drain with Regal. If anything it may be slightly more efficient... I will post my battery percentage once more at 10:00 PM tonight.
You know I still say it's weird because I noticed more of a battery drain the voice recognition work better but at the cost of battery power. I was charging my watch at least once a day in the middle of the day whereas with every single other watch face I get a day and after two days straight of battery power without even flinching. Right now, I'm trying a super Square watch face which is nice as pretty accurate weather readings and it's very easy to read but it's not Regal. Which means the voice recognition is a little different and I have to adjust myself to make it work correctly. I'll post updates tomorrow sometime of how I feel about this new watch face. Like I said another small little gripe about the Regal watch face was the lack of it telling you what the day of the week was.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I fell asleep last night, but by 10:00 PM my watch still had 76% capacity remaining. This was a more typical day of usage with a handful of text messages scattered throughout the day. So at least for me, battery life has been excellent.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I fell asleep last night, but by 10:00 PM my watch still had 76% capacity remaining. This was a more typical day of usage with a handful of text messages scattered throughout the day. So at least for me, battery life has been excellent.
I swear it's weird though because we both have different battery usage is with the same watch face for Moto 360. Mine seems like it is draining and much more so than normal, and yours is perfect. I don't understand why. For example, with any other watch face on the Google Play Store for my Moto 360 watch, by the end of a normal day I'm still at 50% battery which is what you were saying with this Regal watch face I am at 20% or I'm dead and that's with normal usage. What is it it is just baffling and confusing the heck out of me I don't get it. I think the watch face itself looks beautiful and form is pretty well especially if the voice commands as we've said but the battery can't stand up to it for some reason.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I swear it's weird though because we both have different battery usage is with the same watch face for Moto 360. Mine seems like it is draining and much more so than normal, and yours is perfect. I don't understand why.

Is your 360 a gen1 or gen2? Supposedly they improved battery life on the 2. Also, the gen 2 in 40mm only has a 300mah battery, the larger 46mm has a 400mah and gets better battery life. So they are not all the same.

Oh... I also use my watch with google maps and get driving direction notifications on my wrist when I am driving during my 30 minute commute.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is your 360 a gen1 or gen2? Supposedly they improved battery life on the 2. Also, the gen 2 in 40mm only has a 300mah battery, the larger 46mm has a 400mah and gets better battery life. So they are not all the same.

Oh... I also use my watch with google maps and get driving direction notifications on my wrist when I am driving during my 30 minute commute.
No I know what you mean by the second gen 46 millimeter I have the max amount of battery power. That was so bad for him every other watch faces find from my Moto 360 under normal heavy usage just the voice commands aren't as quick as I might have to get used to. I Can't Stand having horrible battery life

7442b2e739229f28dc2541e420568f5c.jpg

That's what my battery looks like right now but that's not normal usage from me either.

So, unfortunately I think I am going to have to ditch that Regal watch face and go back to my second-favorite dial watch face, which was the torque watch face. Honestly though what works the best for me, is working and trying my best to annunciate my words.

Last edited: