What's your favorite feature or one of them?

Jaymi Gibbs

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Once I have enough money saved up, I really want to get this watch (Moto 360 2). I have been wanting a watch for awhile and was about to get a fitbit, but I realized that they don't do very much or at least for me. I have gravitated towards this one in particular because of its realitive small footprint. What are your favorite features? :)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Voice commands are easy ane not having to pull your phone out of it two seconds to look at something quick access to important apps.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Voice text-ing
Notifications on my wrist, leaving my phone in my pocket
Open source watch face apps
Standard 22mm strap lugs
2~2.5 day battery life
Overall appearance

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
One more thing worth mentioning...
The l.ist app is one of my faves. Its a check-listing app. Create a shopping or a to-do list on my phone and it transfers automatically to the watch. I can check items off the list using my watch, and don't even need to take my phone out of my pocket. Much more convenient than running around the store with my phone in my hand, burning up battery and SOT. I know this is a moto 360 / hardware discussion, and this app can run on any AW watch... still I think its worth mentioning.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-29%20at%2010.38.33%20AM_zpsag6l7pdm.png

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
One more thing worth mentioning...
The l.ist app is one of my faves. Its a check-listing app. Create a shopping or a to-do list on my phone and it transfers automatically to the watch. I can check items off the list using my watch, and don't even need to take my phone out of my pocket. Much more convenient than running around the store with my phone in my hand, burning up battery and SOT. I know this is a moto 360 / hardware discussion, and this app can run on any AW watch... still I think its worth mentioning.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums...hot 2016-05-29 at 10.38.33 AM_zpsag6l7pdm.png

I use Google Keep for this. Have you compared them?

Posted via the Android Central App

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
No I haven't yet. May give it a try some time though. I saw Google Keep and it seemed like its too "big" for my needs. I just wanted a simple check-list app, I don't really need anything more complex than that. The most advanced "smart" aspect of l.ist is it can access location, and if you leave the store and forget to check off an item, it will vibrate and alert.

One aspect missing from l.ist is voice recognition. When I create a list on the phone, I HAVE to manually type it in. It would be infinitely more convenient if I could speak into it.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a 42 mm Moto 360 2nd gen and spent all weekend setting it up and learning how to use it. So far, my favorite thing is using the app called WatchMaker to create custom watch faces. Really cool!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a 42 mm Moto 360 2nd gen and spent all weekend setting it up and learning how to use it. So far, my favorite thing is using the app called WatchMaker to create custom watch faces. Really cool!

Cool deal... welcome to the club!! intellicom watch app also has some degree of customization.

Some of the watchmaker pro faces are buggy, its not your watch. SOP for WMP is to download a watch face, and keep close tabs on it for a day or two. Generally the more complications the WMP dial has, the buggier it can be. The most reliable watch face I have found is Regal interactive. Its more of a "dressy" appearance, and ultra simplistic... but thats OK by me, in a less is more kind of way.

Not sure exactly what it is about the Regal face, but its noticeably faster and better at voice recognition. I can speak in a normal (slightly slower) voice and it picks up great... I don't have to talk to it like a robot.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I've just joined the Moto 360 club and have had loads of fun using Facer,Pujie Black , Ustwo and Minimal and Elegant for my watch faces. I also like Google Keep for notes and Feel the Wear to customise my watch vibrations.

Getting all my notifications is absolutely brilliant - as it getting my news feeds from the BBC App.

Battery life for me is very good bearing in mind that I tend to ramp up the screen brightness to 4/5

My Fav apps are Staylit Wear, Feel The Wear, UK Trains For Wear, Multi Calculator and Mail For Android Wear and Gmail.

sta18ff

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I love it for notifications while riding the motorcycle. No need to stop regularly to check my phone. Also nice with MapMyRide for bicycle rides. Shows your stats on the watch while the phone stays in the bag on the back. I do wish there was a standalone cycling app though.

Posted via the Android Central App

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the fact I can have multiple custom watch faces at my disposal. I have one watch face I use while at work with important info displayed on the face. When I'm doing my hikes I use a different watch face that shows my steps and hear rate. Very cool.