I just bought a Moto 360 2nd Gen and I noticed the watch display stays on when it's in the charging cradle. I'd prefer to have the display completely off when charging and I couldn't find a setting that would effectively do that. After much Googling, I find that others have the same issue going back to the original 1st Gen Moto 360. Some possible solutions are mentioned in this thread,

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...harging-3.html

But none of those suggestions has worked for me. The best I can do is set the watch in theatre mode after I place my watch in the charging cradle (but it still has a slight ambient backlight) or use the Slumber Wear app everytime I want to charge my watch.

Seems really strange there isn't a workable setting for the Moto 360 to turn off the screen completely during charging. Are there any other possible solutions?

Thanks.
    06-12-2016 09:42 AM
    Since the 1.5 update a few days ago, all I have to do is put it in Theater mode before I charge it. Drop it on the charger, and the screen stays off.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-13-2016 11:08 PM
    Oh, if you haven't received that update, then yes, previous solutions are hit or miss. That's one of the bugs the update addressed though.

06-13-2016 11:09 PM
    Since the 1.5 update a few days ago, all I have to do is put it in Theater mode before I charge it. Drop it on the charger, and the screen stays off.

Yep... double clicking into theater mode before setting it in the charge stand works for me too.
    The other thing I do is switch the clock color to red or purple. I find that an easier color to look at when my vision is dilated for darkness.
    PookiePrancer likes this.
    06-14-2016 01:42 PM
    No, it doesnt. What you guys see as an off screen is not an off screen. The backlight is still on, but the LCD's are all black. Same thing happens with the original moto 360. There is no way to turn the backlight off when charging. I charge it then shut the watch down.
    06-15-2016 11:44 AM
    No, it doesnt. What you guys see as an off screen is not an off screen. The backlight is still on, but the LCD's are all black. Same thing happens with the original moto 360. There is no way to turn the backlight off when charging. I charge it then shut the watch down.
    Nope, but I know what you're talking about. That's what I used to see before the update, when I had to use apps like Slumber. Now, not only does the screen stay off while charging if placed in Theater mode prior, but it's pitch black.

06-16-2016 09:40 AM
    Nope... mine most definitely is OFF. The backlight definitely is not on... The screen looks like the watch is completely powered down.
    06-16-2016 10:19 AM