So I got the new Android Wear 2.0 update for my Moto 360 Gen 2 but the Text Message App is missing from the App Menu. Let me first state that I purchased this watch from the Verizon Wireless Store. I have always had the less then stellar Verizon "Message+" app on my watch, and didn't have a stock message app. After 2.0 installed I am still missing a stock app, which allows you to reply via the keyboard or handwriting. I was able to uninstall the message+ application (which only allowed voice or canned responses) but the stock app has not shown up. Am I under the wrong impression that there is a stock text message app that comes with android wear? If there is a stock app does anybody know a way to the get message app in the menu?

P.S. When I get a text message notification, I can click on it and it opens in what I believe to be the stock app. But I can only interact with that one message, and cant get a list of messages or anything. Nor can I start a new message to another contact.

Any help is appreciated!
    05-30-2017 08:15 PM
    Can you download the app from the playstore snd install it on the watch from the playstore app on the watch?
    05-30-2017 09:40 PM
    Yes I did - I guess I was just under the incorrect assumption that there was a "built in" stock app for messaging. The Android Messages App (from google) was requiring me to install the same app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - which uses Samsung's messaging app as "stock") and set it as the default message app which I preferred not to do - that would make 3 message apps on my phone and only 1 of which I need to be able to text (I'm stuck with the Samsung one and Verizon's Message+ baked in).

Any suggestions for a text messaging app from the store that will allow me to see & read the list of messages as well as let me compose / reply using the keyboard on the watch... that also will allow me to continue to use the stock Samsung text app that comes with the phone?
    05-31-2017 01:06 PM
    I'm using YAATA, it works well on the phone and watch.
    06-04-2017 06:30 PM